Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Navigation Maps

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   khaled alqaisi

khaled alqaisi

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Middle East
  • Current Vehicle:fusion
  • My Hybrid's Year:2011

Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:41 AM

Hello Guys,

I have 2011 fusion hybrid w/ ford touch nav. system. I live overseas ( Jordan). My car still displays US maps. i Got an SD for middle east maps, but when trying to upload the maps it keeps saying : make sure the installation file is in the roote directory.

Please, any one can help? :salute:

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 07:05 AM

The 2011 Fusion never came with the MyFordTouch system, which is the one that uses the Navigation SD cards.  Your system has all the maps stored on a hard disc that can only be updated by inserting a CD disc with all the right files on it.  As far as I know, nobody has ever created a disc for this system with anything but US maps as that system was never intended for sale outside of North America.

#3 OFFLINE   khaled alqaisi

khaled alqaisi

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Middle East
  • Current Vehicle:fusion
  • My Hybrid's Year:2011

Posted 23 April 2016 - 05:50 AM

Thanks Waldo

My fusion has the touch screen, no slot for the SD card. What I did is I bought the SD card from some site (IGOGPSMAPS) and used SD card adapter to use the USB slot, no luck there. THen I copied all the files to a DVD including the .EXE file but it did not work. I don't know what the applicable format that is used by sync. 

#4 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:19 AM

That's the problem, on your car the navigation system is not part of Sync at all.  There is no connection between the USB slot and the hard drive where the map data is stored.  Plus the format is completely different, so what you are trying to do will never work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·