Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Climate Control Haywire?

Best Answer lsherlockl , 15 April 2016 - 09:52 AM

I just wanted to make a followup post for closure. Dealership had to do a hard reset of systems using the ford computer. Still cost me ~100 bucks kinda ticked at that but at least climate control works. Also gave advice of try pulling the secondary battery (lead acid one) for 20-30 minutes if run into it again or if run into it on the road as in WI there are times when you need heat and more importantly defrost to work.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lsherlockl

lsherlockl

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 73 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 05 April 2016 - 10:01 AM

I feel bad i always end up coming on here when I need help i should really stay around longer, but anyhow...

2014 FFH SE

I was driving home from work yesterday and it was reasonable chilly like 31 degrees Fahrenheit (sunny so black interior made it not soo bad). So after the engine came up to temp I decided to turn on the climate control (which is usually left at 68 degress at recommendation of some old post somewhere) i was suprised to hear the blowers roar at max speed out of all vents i look down and see the climate is displayed as being set to 21 degrees WTH thats even out of the range that is normally acceptable (something like 50-60 i thinK) i immediately turn off as its blowing freezing cold air everywhere try a bit further down my 1 hr commute same thing, try adjsuting VIA buttons or touch screen no luck. I wanted to power cycle it but I had all green lights and didn't want to stop.

So this morning rolls around i think maybe things will be better after power cycling, let the engine come up to temp and turn on climate control, this time i did it by voice thinking i could cheat around the buttons being weird. And low and behold climate turns on displays 68 degrees and proceeds to go crazy blowing cold air all over the place WTF. So i start trying to adjust temp, which now the buttons make no noise but will "increase" the temperature number if i move it up to HI it will sometimes give me heat a bit and sometimes cold. I tried several times on my drive in.

Any thoughts? I read some similar ish behavior with remote start things, but this seemed a bit more different. 

Just rather ticked as not that far out of warranty and first a wheel bearing now this, quite aggravating to say the least. Specially as in WI se still will likely be getting below freezing temps for a bit yet.

Edited by lsherlockl, 05 April 2016 - 10:01 AM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Hybrider

Hybrider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 407 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Awesome FFH SE

Posted 05 April 2016 - 03:29 PM

I had something similar happen to me but with the A/C versus your heater. Here is my post where I describe what I did to get out of that glitch condition in my case.

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE Ingot Silver (Appearance Package)

Ordered: 01/07/2014 | VIN assigned: 01/14/2014 | Window Sticker: 02/05/2014 | Build Date: 02/12/2014 | Arrived at Dealer: 02/25/2014 | Delivered: 02/27/2014

#3 OFFLINE   lsherlockl

lsherlockl

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:26 PM

I had something similar happen to me but with the A/C versus your heater. Here is my post where I describe what I did to get out of that glitch condition in my case.

thanks Ill try that tonight, I also tried resetting the MFT through the interface though I always turn off my climate control via I think the soft touch power button i think thats the power dead center in the console panel.  Should also state my + and - buttons make no sound too

I will let you know how it goes tonight

#4 OFFLINE   lsherlockl

lsherlockl

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 73 posts

Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:52 AM   Best Answer

I just wanted to make a followup post for closure. Dealership had to do a hard reset of systems using the ford computer. Still cost me ~100 bucks kinda ticked at that but at least climate control works. Also gave advice of try pulling the secondary battery (lead acid one) for 20-30 minutes if run into it again or if run into it on the road as in WI there are times when you need heat and more importantly defrost to work.

#5 OFFLINE   lolder

lolder

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,784 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2010 FFH 501A Trim
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 15 April 2016 - 12:38 PM

If you know haw to safely disconnect and reconnect the negative battery connection for a few minutes, that's always a cheap first try. The second is to replace the battery particularly if it's a few years old or has the red ball showing in the sight gauge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·