Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Rear Door Speakers

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TheEdge67

TheEdge67

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 20 March 2016 - 12:36 PM

Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster here.  :noobie:   I have only had my new-to-me 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE for about 2 months now so I'm still learning all about it.  I noticed the other day that the rear doors have spaces for the small speakers next to the door handles.  It's hard to see inside the speaker grills, but from what I can see it sure looks like there are speakers inside there.  They do not produce any sound, and presumably are not hooked up.  I have not taken the door panels apart to investigate further.  Can anyone else confirm that there actually are non-hooked up speakers in the upper rear doors? 

If so, what would it take to get them working?  Is it worth even considering? 

FYI I have the standard MFT system advertised as having 6 speakers, not the Sony system.  Thanks for the help!!

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   thavil

thavil

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 165 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ice Storm FFH FE w/Luxury Package

Posted 20 March 2016 - 12:50 PM

Taking a guess here, push the Menu button on the left of your radio and go into the audio settings. Find the Occupancy mode and see if it is set to Driver Only.

Mods/accessories:
Tint 35%
LED license plate and trunk lights
Husky WeatherBeaters floor mats
Covercraft sun screen
Proclip cell phone holder
Stubby antenna (4")
LED puddle lamps (DaytimeBrightLites)
AVS in-channel window vents
Mud flaps (OEM) front/rear
(Shhh, the wife only knows about half of them!)

#3 OFFLINE   TheEdge67

TheEdge67

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 01:16 PM

No, I normally have it set to All Seats.  Changing it to the other two modes doesn't make any difference as far as getting sound out of the small speakers in the rear doors.  I don't believe they are hooked up, which would make sense.  If they were hooked up, that would make it an 8 speaker system and I believe it was only advertised as a 6 speaker system, am I correct?

• kelly6869 likes this

#4 OFFLINE   ElectricFan69

ElectricFan69

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 98 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2016

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:34 AM

Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster here.  :noobie:   I have only had my new-to-me 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE for about 2 months now so I'm still learning all about it.  I noticed the other day that the rear doors have spaces for the small speakers next to the door handles.  It's hard to see inside the speaker grills, but from what I can see it sure looks like there are speakers inside there.  They do not produce any sound, and presumably are not hooked up.  I have not taken the door panels apart to investigate further.  Can anyone else confirm that there actually are non-hooked up speakers in the upper rear doors? 

If so, what would it take to get them working?  Is it worth even considering? 

FYI I have the standard MFT system advertised as having 6 speakers, not the Sony system.  Thanks for the help!!

You answered your own question, pretty much.  The higher speaker count is correlated with the spendier versions of the sound system.  The 'mid-grade' stereo has speakers in the back shelf, front doors.  Higher end add speakers in places like back doors to help with mid-range imaging.

#5 OFFLINE   TheEdge67

TheEdge67

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 06:21 PM

Maybe I was unclear, I apologize. I have the 6 speaker system, but my car seems to have 8 speakers, 2 in each door front AND back. The small upper speakers in the rear doors aren't putting out any sound though. I find it odd that Ford spent money putting 8 speakers in a car and only hooking up 6 of them while the car was destined to only have 6 all along since it's an SE and had no chance of ever getting the big Sony system.

#6 OFFLINE   FernMTL

FernMTL

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 140 posts
  • Region:Canada Quebec
  • Current Vehicle:2014 FFH
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:30 AM

There's no tweeters in the rear doors. It's just the same trim pieces as the sony system, which has it.  I you remove the door panel, you'll see there's no tweeters installed. If you want to add them, they were like 25$ each last time I checked at a Dealer.

Edited by FernMTL, 22 March 2016 - 09:32 AM.

#7 OFFLINE   kb9skw

kb9skw

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 5 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 08 October 2016 - 01:38 PM

There's no tweeters in the rear doors. It's just the same trim pieces as the sony system, which has it.  I you remove the door panel, you'll see there's no tweeters installed. If you want to add them, they were like 25$ each last time I checked at a Dealer.

Is the wiring already run for those door speakers? Are there published speaker specs for the OEM tweeters and woofers?

#8 OFFLINE   mmarreco

mmarreco

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 13 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:15 PM

No, there is wiring in the rear doors for tweeters. But seriously, why bother? The OEM speakers are dismal, if you want better sound you should be replacing the speakers all around.

#9 OFFLINE   mmarreco

mmarreco

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 13 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid

Posted 01 November 2016 - 02:15 PM

duplicate post

Edited by mmarreco, 01 November 2016 - 02:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·