dds_ali

Life time engine air filter?

The maintenance schedule page shown is a generic one. Notice it also says change the automatic transmission fluid which the FFH doesn't have. I read this all to say you never have to change the air filter ( if there even is one ) or service the transmission.

So the K&N washable air filter for my 2014 HyTi was probably a waste of 40 bucks since it almost doesn't need to be replaced?

Different model year - the 2010-2012 models had a different type of air cleaner system which is designed without a filter element serviceable by regular owners, as with the 2013 and new models..

Changing engine air filters usually does not affect fuel mileage, only total power output.

You convinced me not to do something the manufacturer says you don't have to do.

23 hours ago, MeeLee said:

What model year is your car?
I just needed to remove a few screws, and the 'sealed box' wasn't sealed anymore, and filter could be replaced.

2019 FFH

This sub topic thread is for 2010-12 FFHs which have a lifetime engine air filter that is quite difficult to replace.