After parking and walking away from our car during a routine trip to the grocery store, I pushed the IKT to engage the door locks. The button seemed to not work or maybe I was too far.
- I tried several times more while walking closer to the vehicle without success.
- Next I tried the remote start to see if that would engage the locks, and it did. However, this did lock all doors and with the car on I still could not use the IKT to unlock again.
- At this point I figured my battery was dead so I installed a new one and tried to use the IKT to unlock again without success.
- My last option was to manually unlock using the physical key/manual unlock on the driver door.
- This of-course unlocked the driver side door, but noticed the warning to insert the key into the ignition to disable the theft feature. I did insert the key and and turned it to disable successfully.
My suspicion was that maybe the IKT just went bad, until I tried our second key.
* the second key behaves the same way and now both keys are not working.
- At this point I'm realizing the problem isn't with the IKTs. Seems like maybe I unknowingly disabled them and they are no longer paired to the car?
Sorry for the winded explanation, but I wanted to list everything in order to see where I went wrong.
I would greatly appreciate any feedback or suggestions from anyone.
Edited by Peter, 08 September 2015 - 01:02 AM.