Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Headlight bulb replacement (low-beam and high-beam) on a 2010 FFH

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   yky

yky

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 5 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid (base trim)

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:58 PM

So, fellow 2010 FFH owners ... (note: 2010 FFH only as all other 2010 Fusion models have different-and-easier instructions)

I am curious ... if any of you have had a headlight bulb (low-beam or high-beam) burn out, have you EVER managed to change either the low-beam or high-beam bulb without bringing the car to the dealer?

I am asking because my front passenger low-beam bulb needs replacing ... and the only instructions given in the manual are to bring the car to the dealer.

I would really like to avoid paying $100 or more just to change four bulbs.

A Ford mechanic responded to a question concerning this on the following page:

http://www.justanswe...m-low-beam.html

Unfortunately, the instructions he provided are as follows:

1) Remove the front bumper cover

2) Remove the headlight assembly

3) Only with the headlight assembly removed can the bulbs be replaced

On that page, the Ford mechanic linked to a couple of PDF documents detailing how to go about removing the front bumper cover and the headlight assembly.  (I don't want to link to the documents directly because I am not too familiar with forum policy concerning hyperlinks, but the links are both on that page.)

It does not seem too bad, but I would just like to know if anybody has ever tried it, what their results were, and any pitfalls they encountered.

E.g. I already have one question: for the front bumper cover removal, do you need a vehicle hoist?  Or is it enough if you drive the front wheels of the car up a couple of RhinoRamps and chock both rear wheels?

And a request for more elaboration on the following step: the front bumper cover removal PDF document says that "The rearward upper portion of the bumper cover must be pulled outward to unclip it from the bumper cover mounting bracket."

And as always, a bit of a rant as I'm sure everyone can relate to: WHY IS IT SO HARD JUST TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Jason504

Jason504

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 21 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi
  • Current Vehicle:2010 ford fusion hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2010

Posted 24 September 2015 - 05:26 AM

I did mine last night I put HIDs in. For the drivers side take off the air filter thing. Passenger go in through the wheel well

#3 OFFLINE   stempomj

stempomj

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2010

Posted 02 November 2017 - 10:13 AM

I'm about to put Silver-Lux Pro LED low beams in my 2010 Fusion - I'm now back to Jason 504's method after starting there on another page and then being told by an auto mechanic that it was all easier to remove the bumper and pull the assemblies and change out bulbs.  I tried to find the correct method to remove the bumper.  No luck thus far.  Typically whenever I come up against this sort of debacle, I just work slowly and figure it out, taking photos along the way.  I'm not even going to attempt this as it sure does not seem apparent in the least.  As yky states, "why does this have to be so elfin'  (my word) hard?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·