Seems like sometimes they include it, and sometimes not... in 2 previous trips with her car (does not have traffic subscription) it was active during the demo period (by luck, the timing worked out perfectly), but she took a trip to PA last weekend and it was not available.
The Energi vehicles & Focus Electric are supposed to have TravelLink Traffic/Weather free for 60 months, same as MyFord Mobile. Ford did this since the Focus Electric was introduced in 2012. Recently all Fords with navigation were given this same bonus. Unfortunately, some Focus Electrics & Energi vehicles don't get the free TravelLink for 60 months. Based on a thread at the Focus Electric Forum, about 10% of 2013 Focus Electrics lose TravelLink after the 6 months of free Sirius ends, while the other 90% correctly keep it for 60 months. Only 2013 Focus Electrics seem to have this problem. I tried contacting both Sirius & Ford about this but could never get it resolved for our Focus Electric. Kim, our IVT rep at the time, said that she could find no documentation that the EVs were supposed to get 60 months free. I searched the web thoroughly & could find nothing in writing from Ford, just forum comments. We bought Sirius for one 6 month period, just music, but also found that TravelLink was reactivated for those 6 months. Each demo period has also caused TravelLink to work again in the Focus Electric.
My parents' C-Max Energi has continued to have TravelLink, even though they let their Sirius expire after the initial 6 months free & have never purchased it again. Unfortunately they have not used it once & don't know how to use it so it is completely wasted on them :(
Edited by hybridbear, 02 September 2015 - 11:29 AM.
2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic
2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2