Sign in to follow this  
nv rick

What is your 'satisfaction quotient'?

After 9 months and 11,000 miles my satisfaction quotient for my 2015 FFH has far exceeded my expectations. My lifetime (hand calculation) is 43.99 MPG. Beyond routine oil changes and tire rotations I had the instrument cluster and PCM reprogrammed as a result of recall notices but neither of these issues manifested themselves in any external way. The only thing that I can point to as a minor (very minor) negative would be the wild variability and deviation in the trip computer MPG as compared to actual. But, I can easily live with that.

I have not had any visits to the service department for problems or adjustments. So far this has been a very trouble free car which I partially attribute to it being a FFH S which does not have many of the technology features that have been problematic. Thank you to all of the 2013 and 2014 early adopters that worked through the initial problems and smoothed the way for those of us that came to the party later. This is most likely the biggest reason my car has been trouble free. :salute:

Edited by Texasota

For me it was getting between 38-43 MPG, and that has been met, and many times exceeded. OTOH when problems do crop up, that satisfaction has not been met recently. If the current issue goes unresolved after their master tech looks at it, then I most likely will switch to some other car company.

Ford designed a really nice car with the Fusion/MKZ, its just too bad their support of the car has been lacking.

I too have been very satisfied with my 2014 FFH SE during the slightly greater than one year I have owned it.

It feels like this car was designed especially for me, since I wanted an American-made hybrid which looks sporty, gets great gas mileage, has a very good satellite radio and CD stereo, carries 4 adults comfortably, has a decent sized trunk, and which is very comfortable for my 50 minute (one-way) commutes every weekday. The icing on the cake is all of the information displays which I can choose from, the electric parking brake, the navigation system which works good for the most part, and the quiet ride.

I also have had almost zero issues with my FFH, and none of which required a visit to the dealer. I have had a few minor computer glitches along the way, the only major one being the one with the A/C blowing hot which I reported at the time in this post and which I was able to fix on my own by trying to reboot the A/C controller by turning the climate control and the car off at the same time and then firing everything back up.

I also attribute some of my having zero dealer visits to the fact that I don't have any of the fanciest features (Active Park Assist, Forward Sensing System, BLIS, Lane-Keeping System, auto high beams, rain-sensing windshield wipers, Push Button Start), which seem to be the more trouble-ridden features, since they were not available to me without me getting the leather seats.

I would say I am 100%, and then some more on top of that :), satisfied with my 2014 FFH. :love_shower:

Edit: And on top of all that, my FFH has taught me how to drive a hybrid, and all cars for that matter, in the most efficient way possible, and in the most relaxed way possible.

Edited by Hybrider

I think we'd all be comfortable with you rounding that calculation up! ;) Great job.

Thats what my spread sheet says and I did not want to inflate it like the car does! ;)

I think another reason it may be easier for me to be so highly satisfied with my FFH is that I don't use the "phone thingies" or the sync "thingies" either. These phone features seem to garner their share of complaints and dissatisfaction amongst FFH owners. If you want to know more about what these "phone thingies" are, you can read this entire topic thread to find out more.

There are many reasons why I never paired up my phone with my FFH, including:

1. I consider my driving time to be my "me time".

2. I don't want to be distracted from my driving by phone interruptions.

3. I'd prefer my cars computers not to be able to link up to cell towers or to the internet:

a. One reason is to protect my privacy as much as possible.

b. Another reason is to make it just about impossible for anyone to hack into my car's computers.

I guess I am old-school in that I want my car to be my car, and I want my phone to be my phone. And I don't want the two to be combined in any way, shape, or form. The only desireable feature that I feel like I am missing out on is the vehicle health reports (VHR), but luckily so far I haven't needed a VHR for any reason. And if I ever do need one, I can pair my phone just long enough to run the VHR, and then quickly unpair my phone.

The time I needed 911 assist, it didn't work, not sure why, but the phone itself was the problem, The Flex kept trying to call until it eventually did connect.

Then again, if you think the Fusion is common now, at least you aren't driving one of these

Classic_Cylon_by_BruceWhite.jpg

I have a couple of thoughts (only my opinion) on why that brand new (and exciting) car purchase often results in low satisfaction:

1. Purchasing the first year of a new or completely redesigned model.

I did that with my 2012 Focus and also a new car way back in 1984. Both were disasters and the most problem plagued vehicles I have ever owned. I will never do it again. Consumer Reports regularly/frequently recommends waiting 2-3 years before purchasing a new/redesigned model. I believe that is very sound advice.
  2. Loading up a new car with lots of newly deployed technology.

High tech is great when it works but very aggravating and troublesome when it does not.
Edited by Texasota