jeapa

Their is a new patch for the recent PCM update

My dealer just called me and told me I need to bring my car in for a patch to the PCM update I just got on Monday. He said Ford just issued a notice to dealers and he has downloaded the patch to his computers. I asked him if he knew what the patch was fixing and he did not know. He is fitting me in tomorrow afternoon. He did say all cars that received the 130B PCM update would need to get the patch.

Has anyone else got any more information about this?

I had the 13B07 update done 11 days ago, finally disappeared from the 'outstanding field actions' yesterday on the Etis site.

Hey great maybe it will turn into an every week thing like the windows updates that pop up on the lower right of my PC screen.

All I know is what the service manager told me. He called me first because I had just been in this past Monday and he said he didn't want me to hear about it on the forums first . I had told him about these forums and the problems that others bad getting the update. He did tell me that everyone that got the update before this patch came through today would need to bring their cars back in.

I think you're right about this. The notice I see just directs them to use a specific software level on the diagnostic equipment, not an actual patch to the vehicle software. So if you've had the update done successfully, you should be all set.

I hope you are right, but my dealer had the latest software update on Monday when he did mine because I printed out the information from this forum and he confirmed it. The update worked as expected also. He seemed to indicate this was an additional patch ?

I sure hope this is a false alarm. Maybe my dealer is confused, but the calibration worked on my car because it has gone into EV at 70 mph and my regen miles were reset. My car definitely drives differently now too. In any event I will post back tomorrow after my appt. at 3:30.

On today's OASIS, the latest article 6477 states the IDS software they were supposed to use in 13B07 has been replaced by 86.01A. Do not use 86.00 or 86.01 (the software previously specified)

I don't know the time stamp of the message. I had mine done yesterday pm. Arghh

There is also another Customer service action regarding MyFordTouch v3.6.2 13A01 supplement 2

Apparently there is a requirement for the PCM update being completed before 3.6.2 is applied.They are quite specific in the order of updating.

On today's OASIS, the latest article 6477 states the IDS software they were supposed to use in 13B07 has been replaced by 86.01A. Do not use 86.00 or 86.01 (the software previously specified)

There is also another Customer service action regarding MyFordTouch v3.6.2 13A01 supplement 2

Apparently there is a requirement for the PCM update being completed before 3.6.2 is applied.They are quite specific in the order of updating.

Is this supplement 2 a service revision to v 3.6.2 or something just dealers have to worry about? I had my text message reading lockup on me earlier and it couldnt exit it.

Yeah, supplement #1 date was May 24, sup2 date is Aug 6 but I didn't make note of the posting date. I use AllData at the local library to access all the TSB's and I won't pay 25 cents per page to print. This one was 22 pages long. It also includes APIM diagnosis - accessory protocol interface module-which recently had warranty extended to 5years. I think that is the computer part of the myfordtouch .

With our cars no longer having a hard drive I dont see why 5yrs wouldnt have been included originally.. My drive in my 2011 f250 had issues and would cause all kinds of things. I found out on that one if you take a very long drive and dont use the nav or hard drive it does basicly a "chkdsk /r" on it and marks out bad sectors.

supplement #1 wasnt 3.6.2

Wasnt it 3.5.2?

I called my dealer back this afternoon for clarification and this is exactly what he told me. Most of the updates were done with 86.01. So it looks like it is legit. I am happy that my dealer seems to be on top of things. I will post back tomorrow after I have had the update to my update lol.

I just looked at yesterday's OASIS broadcast and it was there yesterday also, so maybe I got lucky - it's 40 miles to my dealer.

Ignore my Fuelly signature as being indicative of overall mileage. We did a trip to Vancouver WA through the mountains with 2 mountain bikes on a rear rack. Yes, 70 mph and 8% grades burn fuel in a hurry!! Poor little ICE was up to 5000 rpm at times.

Edited by airbusguy