Sign in to follow this  
keithsm2

Syncmyride

i must be missing something...isnt there a way to send directions to your car from this website? I havent been able to find it....salesperson said there was...

I've used the Mapquest web site to send a destination to SYNC and I've also used the SYNC Destinations app on my iPhone.

If you have an Android phone download the Send to car app. You can use Google Maps to search for a place and sent it to SYNC Services. After you send it, go to the car, hit the voice button and say Services. It'll ask you if you want to download the directions.

You don't actually use the sync.ford.com website, just SYNC Services through other websites.

i must be missing something...isnt there a way to send directions to your car from this website? I havent been able to find it....salesperson said there was...

Navigation and Mapquest downloads to the FFH's Nav have been discussed, maybe this will help you.

The beauty of this is that you can enter an address as a destination to the Nav system while the car is moving. The Nav system won't let you enter an address, just select one from favorites or a POI - this way you can look something up on Google Maps and get directions on the "big" screen. You might want to let the passenger do this for safety reasons :)

The beauty of this is that you can enter an address as a destination to the Nav system while the car is moving. The Nav system won't let you enter an address, just select one from favorites or a POI - this way you can look something up on Google Maps and get directions on the "big" screen. You might want to let the passenger do this for safety reasons :)

Hmmm you can't even enter it via voice while the car is moving? To the nav itself, not to the phone...

I haven't tried entering an address using the voice. Even if I tried, it wouldn't understand me correctly anyway :)

Yes you can, done it a few times. press the voice button, say nav, and destination, and give the address.

What does it cost for the connectivity to be able to do this? Or is it done through the Bluetooth to a cell phone?

It uses your phone to dial out and download the directions.

What does it cost for the connectivity to be able to do this? Or is it done through the Bluetooth to a cell phone?

You have to have SYNC Services, which is free for 3 years.

Once your subscription has expired, you can log in to your SYNC Owner account to purchase an additional 1-year subscription for $60.00. Each year includes 20 free Operator Assist sessions.

I tried this yesterday. Meh, just like Grysql said, the nav system routes you it's way. So don't bother setting up a route. You do have some control in the nav system, but I am still not impressed.

Again, it does work .... :)