dalesky

Came in Saturday!

After an order placed on January 19, getting a delivery date of May 8th, and getting a call last Saturday, I am the proud owner of an Ice Storm Titanium Fusion Hybrid.

Have to say I am very impressed with it on so many levels.

Driving around town today, max speed of 60, getting an average MPG of 43!

Have one issue with the driver's window not working on auto up or down.

Other than that it seems perfect in every way.

Pictures to follow soon on a new post. Really appreciated advice and help thru this forum!

Kind of intimidated by all the possible settings for everything, but as a tech guy I'm looking forward to it all. Setting garage door opener was a snap, as was setting memory key/seat programming.

Great I been reading your posts as you have been waiting!

Looking forward to mine being built in 2 weeks!

Give us some information on your first few days experience.

Congrats. it has been a lot of fun for me to "learn the game"......

After an order placed on January 19, getting a delivery date of May 8th, and getting a call last Saturday, I am the proud owner of an Ice Storm Titanium Fusion Hybrid.

Have to say I am very impressed with it on so many levels.
Driving around town today, max speed of 60, getting an average MPG of 43!

Have one issue with the driver's window not working on auto up or down.
Other than that it seems perfect in every way.
Pictures to follow soon on a new post. Really appreciated advice and help thru this forum!

Kind of intimidated by all the possible settings for everything, but as a tech guy I'm looking forward to it all. Setting garage door opener was a snap, as was setting memory key/seat programming.

whats the secret to the garage door opener??

Secret? No secret, it's all in the manual. If you have a HomeLink garage door opener, it's a 2 step process to get the car programmed to it:

1. hold down the button on the car and handhelp door remote until the car light flashes really fast (it'll start by flashing slowly)

2. push the learn button on the actual garage door opener (hanging in the garage), then within 30 seconds push the button in the car

If you see the lights on the garage door opener flash, you're done it!

I just have a genie...Im not sure what the Homelink garage door opener is.. :( so...i held the remote close to visor and pressed and held the buttons at same time and got the fast flash......but it didnt operate the door after finishing......

so...can I just push the learn button on the opener in the garage then run to car and press the button in the car i want to operate the door??

I just have a genie...Im not sure what the Homelink garage door opener is.. :( so...i held the remote close to visor and pressed and held the buttons at same time and got the fast flash......but it didnt operate the door after finishing......

so...can I just push the learn button on the opener in the garage then run to car and press the button in the car i want to operate the door??

Yes, try that :) HomeLink is the world’s most widely trusted and used wireless control system and can be found in most garage door openers.

whats the secret to the garage door opener??

I followed the directions in the manual exactly, and it worked fine. Had to push the button in the car that I had programmed twice, as stated in the manual, then it worked.

Thanks so much to everyone who shared my excitement! This is a great, supportive and helpful forum.

Had no luck finding floor mats at auto supply stores. I remember seeign something abou that in another area of the forum, so will look around some more.

The ones that came with are pretty poor quality. Plus, I want to put in grey ones to complement the trim color inside.

Thanks so much to everyone who shared my excitement! This is a great, supportive and helpful forum.

Had no luck finding floor mats at auto supply stores. I remember seeign something abou that in another area of the forum, so will look around some more.

The ones that came with are pretty poor quality. Plus, I want to put in grey ones to complement the trim color inside.

The most popular mats on this forum are Husky (I got these) and WeatherTech.

got the universal opener to work......didnt seem clear to me that you have to program the button to a remote "AND" the motor itself.....I figured it was just one or the other....

As for floor mats....I had some foxboots in my expedtion....Id like some like that for the fusion.....something you can take and wash...has a hard rubber bottom that wont let dirt through....and fits the floor board exactly... and has carpet....ahhaha..not much to ask for..

The most popular mats on this forum are Husky (I got these) and WeatherTech.

I really want nicely carpeted mats, since I don't live in a snow state. Have found some online, but not cheap.

Now you get to experience the joy of telling the people that come up to your car almost every time you park it what a great vehicle the FFH is. I spent five minutes talking to the guy behind me in the gas station yesterday morning. He's fallen in love with the looks of the Fusion. After learning about all its other great features, I think he's sold. His friend just spent $10K more on a BMW that he feels isn't as nice as the Fusion.

Now you get to experience the joy of telling the people that come up to your car almost every time you park it what a great vehicle the FFH is. I spent five minutes talking to the guy behind me in the gas station yesterday morning. He's fallen in love with the looks of the Fusion. After learning about all its other great features, I think he's sold. His friend just spent $10K more on a BMW that he feels isn't as nice as the Fusion.

Already seen a little of that envy. I don't think there is a better looking family sedan. I particularly like the supportive seats, which seem to have the bolstering of a sports car seat. Sure, the trunk is a little small, but the fold down back seats will serve me well.

It will take some getting used to when backing the car out of the garage, as it is silent. Even the emergency brake is cool on this car!

Do you have the auto-up window working yet? If not, move it all the way up and hold the button in the up position for a few seconds, then move it all the way down and hold the button in the down position for a few seconds. Might have to repeat the up-and-hold maneuver again to get it reset, but it doesn't need to go back to the dealer, just needs to be reset. I've read about this phenomenon on the forum, and it's happened to my car once already; easy fix

Do you have the auto-up window working yet? If not, move it all the way up and hold the button in the up position for a few seconds, then move it all the way down and hold the button in the down position for a few seconds. Might have to repeat the up-and-hold maneuver again to get it reset, but it doesn't need to go back to the dealer, just needs to be reset. I've read about this phenomenon on the forum, and it's happened to my car once already; easy fix

Yes, in fact right after I tried it, once down and once up the window functioned normally. Appreciate the follow up. Love the car, and can't wait to drive it. Of course here (SC) the weather is beautiful so I have to choose between it and my convertible Live is tough. haha

Congrats on finally getting your beautiful car!

Love the car. Everything about it screams quality, and the mileage is not disappointing. Bought a hybrid for good city mileage, which this one gives, and as a bonus got a great handling vehicle, with tons of features as well as a very comfortable cabin.