Fastronaut

WHat was Wrong with Your Fusion Hybrid When You Picked It Up?

I am looking forward to picking up my Fusion Hybrid Titanium in a few weeks. Thought I'd ask what things I should be on the lookout for from you good folk who have already gotten a delivery. I've heard that things like the Cargo Net Hooks may be missing, as well as, Pedal Covers.

Any comments?

I'm in the same boat with you, so I would love to see the answers to this. The things I've picked up on thus far: the aluminum pedal covers (which, if they've been removed for some reason, I plan to add as aftermarket), making sure Sync is updated to the latest softward (3.5.1., I believe), and are the cupholders illuminated as part of the ambient lighting like in all the marketing materials.

Earlier cars have had issues with tail lights not lining up with the frame, also issues with the trunk not lining up. Also check your vertical piano black door panels on the B pillars of all 4 doors. Some cars have had 1 or more panels that aren't installed right. Also check for things like stains on the headliner or seats or any scratches on the center console or trim inside the car.

The Titanium FFH doesn't come with the aluminum pedals, illuminated cup holders, dual exhaust or good looking wheels that are shown in the marketing material.

Being a very early build, my FFH had adhesive residue on a lot of the chrome trim around the windows. It took about an hour for me to remove it. Since no one else has mentioned this, mine was probably unique. Just remember you have to push on the fuel door to open it.

Earlier cars have had issues with tail lights not lining up with the frame, also issues with the trunk not lining up. Also check your vertical piano black door panels on the B pillars of all 4 doors. Some cars have had 1 or more panels that aren't installed right. Also check for things like stains on the headliner or seats or any scratches on the center console or trim inside the car.

All good things for my check list.

The Titanium FFH doesn't come with the aluminum pedals, illuminated cup holders, dual exhaust or good looking wheels that are shown in the marketing material.

Being a very early build, my FFH had adhesive residue on a lot of the chrome trim around the windows. It took about an hour for me to remove it. Since no one else has mentioned this, mine was probably unique. Just remember you have to push on the fuel door to open it.

The residue might have been your dealer not doing a good prep job before delivery.

I'm in the same boat with you, so I would love to see the answers to this. The things I've picked up on thus far: the aluminum pedal covers (which, if they've been removed for some reason, I plan to add as aftermarket), making sure Sync is updated to the latest softward (3.5.1., I believe), and are the cupholders illuminated as part of the ambient lighting like in all the marketing materials.

The overhead switches are now buttons in place of touch sensitive areas.

All good here - but I have to buy a new coffee mug without a handle for my ride into work.

Just getting to know her - picked up last night.

Looking forward to claying and polishing this weekend and learning more of the bells and whistles.

All good here - but I have to buy a new coffee mug without a handle for my ride into work.

Looking forward to claying and polishing this weekend and learning more of the bells and whistles.

Congrats! I know it was a long wait for you.

Mine came in pretty close to perfect. I think the trunk could sit a little lower, but it looks even on both sides. I would definitely check the trunk alignment as this seems to be an area that has still has issues. You will love your cars when they come in. Well worth the wait!

Mine was missing the cargo net and hooks, but seems that has been resolved(Customer Service Bulletin), but looks like the hooks are still being left off, so if you get a cargo net, check that the hooks on either side of the opening are installed. Aside from that, just make a general once over walk around and look at everything before you sign.

I hear ya, Bro! Congrats - polishing is a labor of love.

Edited by Fastronaut

Cargo net hooks missing, otherwise perfect, everything lined up!

Even the wheels are growing on me!

It's hard to believe Ford is still missing cargo net hooks even after a bulletin. You'd think the factory would implement the correction first.

Yesterday I saw a FFH with the luxury package that had the wrong shift knob and the car was built in March. So that still is a problem.

I just built an SE on the Ford site and they still list the Luxury Package as having a leather-wrapped shift knob. They also list 10-way power seats (instead of driver's seat) before they list the 2-way passenger seat.

I had a report from a Fusion Titanium (Non-Hybrid) owner that the low fuel warning lamp never lit up. Hard to check at delivery.

Picked up my FFH Titanium yesterday (ordered it 3/5/2013)....everything was perfect. First 30 miles averaged 35 mph....a good start!

Picked up my FFH Titanium yesterday (ordered it 3/5/2013)....everything was perfect. First 30 miles averaged 35 mph....a good start!

Any car can do that. I presume that you meant mpg not mph.

When I picked up my Energi I had a paint scratch on the left front fender and a chip in the paint of the rear bumper where it forms a point behind the left wheel. Noted both to my salesman and sales mgr, unfortunately this was after paperwork had been completed. Finally got back 3 weeks later with a list of things to check out. Service said the salesman was responsible for dealing with the scratch on the fender and had him come get it and take it to the body shop. Supposedly it's been taken care of, but it is still in for service so I don't yet know what that means. The chipped paint has been sent to Ford (photos) and the dealer is waiting to hear from them if they'll warranty cover the repair.

Other items I suggest looking at before taking the car...

1. check the windshield washer spray alignment. Mine fire only about 6 inches from the bottom of the window. Because of this no fluid ever ends up above the driver side washer arm so the window in my field of view only gets a dry wiper blade run across it.

2. My rear window has a band in the middle all the way across where any objects viewed through this portion are distorted/wavy/mirage looking.

Otherwise, mine was perfect until the mystery popping/cracking/etc. noise started which is why it's still in for service.

2. My rear window has a band in the middle all the way across where any objects viewed through this portion are distorted/wavy/mirage looking.

I think they all have this feature. Mine had it and two others I was in did too.

I think they all have this feature. Mine had it and two others I was in did too.

Hehe "feature". Well that doesn't bode well for my getting anything done about it. Service advisor was going to bring in one of their other Fusions to compare.

I admit it might be normal and even acceptable if the rear glass had more curvature to it. But to me it seems pretty flat to have that much distortion. And it only occurs in the middle and not top to bottom. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Yeah it has a crazy curvature to it. Must be a real pain to get the tint to shrink to it. It is a bit surprising to see that in the back glass.