I have a 2009 Fusion SE V6. I have been having hard time to see at night with stock bulb and I was thinking about buying HID for the head lights. But one thing that is the only problem is.... When you press unlock on keyless entry and the head lights come on. How can I turn that off. I want press unlock button and light not come on. How can I do that? Why I want to do that? Because I have a set of HID on my 2003 F-150 and the user manual said that if it flash when lock or unlock the door it can make the HID bulb shorter life span. So wonder if anybody know how to do that?

I have a 2009 Fusion SE V6. I have been having hard time to see at night with stock bulb and I was thinking about buying HID for the head lights. But one thing that is the only problem is.... When you press unlock on keyless entry and the head lights come on. How can I turn that off. I want press unlock button and light not come on. How can I do that? Why I want to do that? Because I have a set of HID on my 2003 F-150 and the user manual said that if it flash when lock or unlock the door it can make the HID bulb shorter life span. So wonder if anybody know how to do that?

I don't think that's going to be easily done unless you do a kill switch for the headlights. You should do this at the fuse for the headlights.

Easiest way to do it IMO.

Ok, I think I have already tried that by looking in the book to find the headlight fuse. But didn't really see anything that will stop from unlock the car and lights comes on. I guess I will have to do some research.

I don't think the headlights have a regular fuse but relays that trip and after so many seconds reset themselves if all is well.

don't know about the 09, but I was able to program those off with some instructions in the owners manual. I would assume you have, but have you looked for it in the manual? I think it's in the section describing the key fob controls, locking/unlocking, or something like that.

I don't think the headlights have a regular fuse but relays that trip and after so many seconds reset themselves if all is well.

Yep, the headlights on entry are controlled by the ECM.

I suppose page 23 (in the instrument cluster section) in the manual won't help? Looks like that's for setting the duration the lights are on after you turn the car off (didn't think mine did that..so maybe they're default off anyway).