royroddey

Daytime Running Lights (DRL)

Hey all,

Looking to add DRL's to my 2010 Fusion Sport and a customers 2010 Milan Premier.

I know Canada requires DRL's on their cars.

Can a USA car be retro fitted with DRL's?

When I owned a 95 Explorer, I was able to find a Ford module that plugged into the wireloom behind the front bumper that gave me complete DRL's.

any help would be appreciated!

BTW: love my Fusion Sport!

-Roy

Search for previous posts on this subject for more info if you wish. Dealer can turn them on using their "computer" in 5 minutes and mine didn't charge me for doing so. Shouldn't be a problem for you to get this done. The previous posts will show you what to tell the dealer if he says it can't be done. Good luck.

Hi, I ordered a '10 Fusion SE and was wondering if they come with DRL's on already and if they don't how do I get them to work. I see a dealer can do it in 5 minutes and that other people had posted about this but I am not finding anything. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks

Hi, I ordered a '10 Fusion SE and was wondering if they come with DRL's on already and if they don't how do I get them to work. I see a dealer can do it in 5 minutes and that other people had posted about this but I am not finding anything. Can you point me in the right direction? Thanks

Do a Search using daytime running lights activation and you'll see several posts by bbf2530 explaining the procedure the dealer will use. Owners Manual says they only come already activated on fleet cars in the USA. Hope this helps.

Do a Search using daytime running lights activation and you'll see several posts by bbf2530 explaining the procedure the dealer will use. Owners Manual says they only come already activated on fleet cars in the USA. Hope this helps.

I used that info and printed it out and gave to my dealer when my FFH came in. They turned them on and said it was easy to do and are offering it to all new customers.

I used that info and printed it out and gave to my dealer when my FFH came in. They turned them on and said it was easy to do and are offering it to all new customers.

I can't find a local dealer who knows about or can find info on this. One svc mgr has done a lot of homework on it and he can't find anything or even get any info from Ford. Can you give me a name/ph no. at your dealer so I can talk to them? Thanks.

I had my dealer do it to my Sport and it works great. Headlights come on (reduced power) when in reverse or drive. Only took him a couple minutes once he was hooked up to the computer. My dealership is also thinking of making it available as an option.

Yep, the DRL sends approximately half the voltage, ( 6V) to the bulbs. The purpose is extending bulb life. Some manufacturers sends the 12V power to the DRL using the in-series connection of the bulbs, so each gets 6 Volts. This is an easy option avoiding the necessity of a voltage transformer.

This explains why HID that work with ballasts dont work well with DRL.