vschmidt

Snapshot of reported order-to-delivery history

Just got back from the dealer. Initially, one of the guys tried to tell me that the guy who handled their orders wasn't there and I should come back on Monday since they didn't have the info. Then the sales manager motioned me into his office and showed me a printout taped to the wall of the status of all of their orders including mine with the VIN. He still said that he couldn't give me a copy of an order confirmation until Monday but told me the VIN so I could write it down.

I then told him I would feel alot more comfortable if I had something in writing with the agreed on price. He told me with the X Plan, he couldn't change the price and it would be on the invoice when the car arrived. I then asked at least for something saying I would get the X Plan pricing. So he asked for my PIN which he wrote on a paper in my file with a note saying X Plan pricing, copied it, signed it, and gave it to me. I looked at it and it was the order confirmation he supposedly couldn't give me. The order date was Monday 7/13, so apparentlhy there was no delay in placing the order. I still don't know what the secrecy and evasivness was for. So I feel a bit better now, but I know I'm going to have to keep an eye on everything when dealing with them.

Just got back from the dealer. Initially, one of the guys tried to tell me that the guy who handled their orders wasn't there and I should come back on Monday since they didn't have the info. Then the sales manager motioned me into his office and showed me a printout taped to the wall of the status of all of their orders including mine with the VIN. He still said that he couldn't give me a copy of an order confirmation until Monday but told me the VIN so I could write it down.

I then told him I would feel alot more comfortable if I had something in writing with the agreed on price. He told me with the X Plan, he couldn't change the price and it would be on the invoice when the car arrived. I then asked at least for something saying I would get the X Plan pricing. So he asked for my PIN which he wrote on a paper in my file with a note saying X Plan pricing, copied it, signed it, and gave it to me. I looked at it and it was the order confirmation he supposedly couldn't give me. The order date was Monday 7/13, so apparentlhy there was no delay in placing the order. I still don't know what the secrecy and evasivness was for. So I feel a bit better now, but I know I'm going to have to keep an eye on everything when dealing with them.

Sounds odd but if you get your MMH...who cares?

Today our MMH window sticker was posted on the Ford website. The FCC Problem Solving Rep called me today (6:00 ET, one hour past their normal quite time). She was very understanding and informative. More information was give than I am divulging here. I was able to confirm that our May order was not verified by Ford until July. She cannot give me a delivery week at this time but did confirm that the car is in production. She said that she spoke with her contact in production and was able to put a “HOT” delivery notation on the order which is to expedite shipping. She said that she would contact me one week from today with further information. I was impressed with the background research she did prior to contacting me.

FCC called and left a message yesterday, Thursday at 2:30 ET, while I was in a meeting. She said she had information on my MMH. She will call me back next week to give me the information. Since the message wasn’t “Great News, your MMH will be delivered just in time for the vacation you scheduled in July to take in September to show off your New MMH,” I knew I would be taking our Toyota Camry to Colorado. Ordered on 5/28 so that is 15 weeks plus. Ok, I keep hearing it’s not an order until it is accepted by Ford. In my book it’s ordered the day I sign the order form. I expect the data entry person who enters the order for a living to enter it correctly the first time or even the second time. I didn’t expect to receive an e-mail from my dealer stating the car was to be built the week of July 6th only to find out that it’s not built until September.

Sorry for the tone of the e-mail but I’m frustrated. It is very difficult to read about everyone else’s great FFH and MMH and not have one of my own. You keep writing and I will keep reading

Ordered 6/10... looks like you may "win" with the longest wait if I get mine by the end of the month.... we will see :)

I feel your pain.

In my book it’s ordered the day I sign the order form. I expect the data entry person who enters the order for a living to enter it correctly the first time or even the second time. I didn’t expect to receive an e-mail from my dealer stating the car was to be built the week of July 6th only to find out that it’s not built until September.

Actually your book is very much in line with my experience, so either every star aligned just right when I placed my order, or it really is not that difficult. I told the salesman that I was ready to order and what options I wanted, he wrote it on the worksheet and brought it to his sales manager. 5 minutes later (OK maybe it was a longer time, maybe *10* minutes) the sales manager came over and said "the order has been entered and verified".

I didn't receive an email from my dealer, I received a voicemail on my cell phone from my salesman that said he checked the status like he does for all of his orders each week to find out any updates, and my car was due to be built the following week... and it was.

Sorry for the tone of the e-mail but I’m frustrated. It is very difficult to read about everyone else’s great FFH and MMH and not have one of my own. You keep writing and I will keep reading

I don't blame you a bit, there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason how this works sometimes, as you placed your order 6 days after I did and I now have 8,000 miles on my car. Of course you ordered a MMH and mine was a FFH, one wouldn't think that would make a big difference but I've already rambled on about that in another post somewhere, wondering what the difference might be and the guy who had worked the line for many years said that they group by colors as they are built but not likely for twin models. So that part is still a mystery.

If you find that you are being slow-leaked again by another month, I say ditch those guys -- my local dealer's inventory shows 3 on hand (although I've found that this counts ones in transit), take a flight into DC or Baltimore and enjoy your drive home in your new car. I've actually done that 3 different times, but then again I love road trips and love new cars... but PM me if you are interested.

I just checked and the window sticker for the VIN the dealer gave me for my MMH is now online. Just one problem, it's not my car. I ordered Ice Blue without nav and the VIN is for one in black with nav and remote start. So now I need to find out if they ordered it wrong, accidently gave me the wrong VIN, or they're just lying to me.

Congrats!. If I remember right, you were the one that was thinking of cancelling the order because of the delays, correct?

Also, you haven't bought the ESP yet? Does that mean you won't be able to fold into your loan (pay cash for ESP instead)?

Yep, we were "this close" to canceling the order entirely. It would have been done in a moment if my circumstances were even slightly different, and without regrets. However, it is nice to have a new car for a change.

The ESP will probably be purchased within the next couple of weeks, via credit card (for the points). We've saved $ for a while, so we won't worry about financing the ESP.

Hopefully others are having better luck with their new vehicle orders than we did...

Talked to FCC today and was informed that my car has finished production. So, I asked if it was in transit yet and was surprised to be told it was scheduled to ship on the 21st for an arrival of the 28th. 10 days before they are going to ship the car? I really hope that this is incorrect and a VERY conservative guess instead of an exact scheduled shipping date.

Now it is time to check with your dealer. My experience: once production is completed, FCC records were not very good. Dealer had better info, and was happy to share, now that the car was on the way (finally)!

Ordered 8/24 and have a window sticker online as of 9/13. Should only be a few more weeks now. Can't wait!

what did you order?

what did you order?

FFH, Sterling Gray with light stone cloth, 500A package.

How many weeks is it taking people between seeing their sticker online and delivery? 2-3? 3 weeks from now would put us at 6 weeks from order to delivery.

FCC called and left a message yesterday, Thursday at 2:30 ET, while I was in a meeting. She said she had information on my MMH. She will call me back next week to give me the information. Since the message wasn’t “Great News, your MMH will be delivered just in time for the vacation you scheduled in July to take in September to show off your New MMH,” I knew I would be taking our Toyota Camry to Colorado. Ordered on 5/28 so that is 15 weeks plus. Ok, I keep hearing it’s not an order until it is accepted by Ford. In my book it’s ordered the day I sign the order form. I expect the data entry person who enters the order for a living to enter it correctly the first time or even the second time. I didn’t expect to receive an e-mail from my dealer stating the car was to be built the week of July 6th only to find out that it’s not built until September.

Sorry to hear your misfortune, but maybe you'll get a much better treatment upon delivery like vschmidt did. Maybe the dealer will offer some concessions and offer you vehicle extras at "cost"...

Spoke to a rep on the phone today. Scheduled to build next week. So I should be (hopefully) getting a car in ~3 weeks!

FFH, Sterling Gray with light stone cloth, 500A package.

How many weeks is it taking people between seeing their sticker online and delivery? 2-3? 3 weeks from now would put us at 6 weeks from order to delivery.

Wow! That is fast! You must be lucky. I ordered my FFH on August 3rd and still have no clue for sure when it will arrive. Last i talked to the dealer he said it was scheduled to be built this week

FCC called today to inform us that they have no addional information to give us since their Sept. 10th update. It is now 16 weeks since our May 28th MMH order. We did find out that no discount will be given on an ESP. I feel like Rodney Dangerfield. FCC did say that she will update again on Sept. 22nd. I guess that means no MMH until at least week 17.

I'm curious, for those who ordered a MMH and had a long wait or are still waiting, did you order with or without the Nav system? From looking at the dealer inventories online, it doesn't seem like they are building them without Nav and I wonder if that's contributing to the longer build times in addition to the fact that they just don't build as many Milans.

I ordered mine without Nav and I'm currently at nearly 10 weeks with no VIN and no scheduled build date. The dealer confirmed the order with Ford two days after I placed it, so the hold up appears to be entirely with Ford.

I'm curious, for those who ordered a MMH and had a long wait or are still waiting, did you order with or without the Nav system? From looking at the dealer inventories online, it doesn't seem like they are building them without Nav and I wonder if that's contributing to the longer build times in addition to the fact that they just don't build as many Milans.

I ordered mine without Nav and I'm currently at nearly 10 weeks with no VIN and no scheduled build date. The dealer confirmed the order with Ford two days after I placed it, so the hold up appears to be entirely with Ford.

My fleet buddy tells me that the MMilanH (body M0L) has a high probability of delays and the FFH (P0L) has a medium probability of delays. No explanation given. Both vehicle lines project 10-12 weeks delivery times.

Did your dealership submit other M0L orders ahead of you, or with higher priority? Are they scheduled yet?

A distinct possibility is that sales for the M0L are running far ahead of forecast and material delivery scheduling has not caught up yet.

We would be interested to hear what your delership says about where your order is in their order cycle.

My fleet buddy tells me that the MMilanH (body M0L) has a high probability of delays and the FFH (P0L) has a medium probability of delays. No explanation given. Both vehicle lines project 10-12 weeks delivery times.

Did your dealership submit other M0L orders ahead of you, or with higher priority? Are they scheduled yet?

A distinct possibility is that sales for the M0L are running far ahead of forecast and material delivery scheduling has not caught up yet.

We would be interested to hear what your delership says about where your order is in their order cycle.

Our MMH 300A has navigation. They will not say anything about our order except to blame Ford for the delay. They have only received one MM since our order was placed. Their lot is empty because of C4C.

Our MMH 300A has navigation. They will not say anything about our order except to blame Ford for the delay. They have only received one MM since our order was placed. Their lot is empty because of C4C.

I guess you know the questions to ask, based on my reply to Adam. The Customer Service Reps won't know the orders the dealership has in the system already, so while they are sympathetic, they can only look at your particular order.

If other vehicles were ordered before your order was verified, or other orders have higher priority assigned to them by the dealership, they will likely be scheduled before your order. For example, if you ordered and they put a 20 priority on your vehicle and three weeks later someone ordered and they gave that order a 19 priority, it should be scheduled before your order. (10 is high priority and 98 is low priority). Look at your DORA, if you have it, and see what priority they gave your order.

It is convenient to blame Ford, but the dealerships control most of the scheduling. Dealers should know when they place orders if there is a probability the order will take a long time to delivery, but some don't check their reports. They should also know how many they are llikely to get scheduled in any month, how many they have ordered and what priorities they placed on the orders. :headspin:

The priority on my order is 15 and was verified on 7/13. I don't know for sure how many others they have on order other than that they have one in black with everything coming in around the week of 9/28 since they initial gave me the VIN for that one, but I don't know when it was ordered or what its priority was. I initially assumed the dealer was to blame and not Ford, but so far, it looks like they got the order in correctly and promptly.

I don't think Nav matters. I originally ordered mine without, and there was a long delay. Then I added Nav, and the following week I got a VIN.

Very strange update from FCC today. Last Friday they informed me the car was complete and would ship on the 21st. Today they told me that on the 14th it was sent to "body modification" and is on its way back to the assembly plant. What in the world could that mean? This lady also said they have no estimated delivery listed yet but I should check back next week. How did I go from having an estimated shipping date, to "body modification" and no shipping date?

oh yea, and on a crappy note, if it really does take until the week of the 28th to arrive, I won't even be here. I have to head out of town on the 28th for a week... just my luck haha

We ordered our FFH in black with the 502A package on Aug. 27th. Had the Vin.# the following week Friday Sept. 4th. I just got off of the Phone with Ford and the man said it was in production and was due at my dealer sometime between 10-9 and 10-19. Now we will see if that is right.

Very strange update from FCC today. Last Friday they informed me the car was complete and would ship on the 21st. Today they told me that on the 14th it was sent to "body modification" and is on its way back to the assembly plant. What in the world could that mean? This lady also said they have no estimated delivery listed yet but I should check back next week. How did I go from having an estimated shipping date, to "body modification" and no shipping date?

oh yea, and on a crappy note, if it really does take until the week of the 28th to arrive, I won't even be here. I have to head out of town on the 28th for a week... just my luck haha

FYI,

I ordered mine April 27th 2009, received August 13th 2009. Of course had to travel to Canada, but still 15 weeks of waiting. Just put it out of your mind, and have a beer, it'll be here before you know it.