Sign in to follow this  
FL4FFH

First Fill-Up

After topping off at the dealership in Daytona, I drove my Fusion hybrid home to Jacksonville on March 28. This past Saturday, two weeks to the day, I noticed I had dipped just below a quarter tank and decided to stop for gas. As a hypermiling novice with a 40-mile round trip commute, mostly freeway, here are my numbers: Gas used - 13.68, Miles traveled - 524, with nearly a quarter tank left! Also, on the right hand side of the SmartGuage you get an overall MPG read-out for a single outing. Driving neighborhood errands off-freeway (30-45 mph), this number has gone to over 50 MPG. I LOVE this car! The capless fuel intake is a nice touch, too.

:shift:

After topping off at the dealership in Daytona, I drove my Fusion hybrid home to Jacksonville on March 28. This past Saturday, two weeks to the day, I noticed I had dipped just below a quarter tank and decided to stop for gas. As a hypermiling novice with a 40-mile round trip commute, mostly freeway, here are my numbers: Gas used - 13.68, Miles traveled - 524, with nearly a quarter tank left! Also, on the right hand side of the SmartGuage you get an overall MPG read-out for a single outing. Driving neighborhood errands off-freeway (30-45 mph), this number has gone to over 50 MPG. I LOVE this car! The capless fuel intake is a nice touch, too.

For those without a caculator, that is an average of 39.46 mpg. Not bad for a brand new car.

... with a 40-mile round trip commute, mostly freeway, here are my numbers: Gas used - 13.68, Miles traveled - 524, with nearly a quarter tank left! Also, on the right hand side of the SmartGuage you get an overall MPG read-out for a single outing. Driving neighborhood errands off-freeway (30-45 mph), this number has gone to over 50 MPG. I LOVE this car!

Nice numbers! keep up the good work :).

Like you, I also like the single outing mileage report given after each trip.

I have only driven about 300 miles but am not even at half a tank yet.

In my ~38 mile round trip commute I am starting to see around 46 mpg.

I am still getting used to this new car and it is still in break-in period but I am very optimistic about its mpg capabilities as it breaks in and as I learn how to operate this fine piece of engineering more efficiently.

Awesome job Ford !