PJFW8

2010 Fusion At Dealers?

The 2010's were expected on dealer lots beginning in March. It was reported that production is going well. Some buyers were told to expect delivery shortly. Anyone have solid news That the cars are actually coming?

Yes, we heard that Ford is actually ahead of schedule for the Fusion/Milan. I can't wait to drive one of these and place my order.

I spoke with a Ford Dealer today from Northern California.

he told me that they have six on the train/truck coming next week to the dealer.

Hi, I'm new to the forum- I just ordered my Hybrid Fusion. Anyway, my dealer had at least 10 2010 Fusion Sports. I test drove a 2010 fusion sport before placing my order for the Hybrid. The new headlights and tail lights are much nicer than 2009 models. They didn't have any Hybrids yet. I ordered it in a new color Atlantic Green Metalic (I hope I like it) on my computer is looks like a metalic Brittish racing green. :superhero:

Hi,

Over the past several days, I have used a cars.com search to locate hybrids at dealerships within a range of miles. Dealer/owner info are included in the search result, so you can contact them directly. The vast majority of listings are apparently newly arrived retail pre-orders, not available for sale or test drive unless the original buyer changes their mind and declines delivery. I've been persistent, and my Friday 03/27 search turned up a large dealership 80 miles away with ONE hybrid in their own inventory. I set up an appointment (very important), made the trip and, long story short, the dealership now has 0 hybrids, so obviously they will move quickly. I was insistent on test driving first, but for what it's worth, my apprehensions were unfounded. Drives like a very nice car. Good luck.

P.S. My first stop was at a 7-Eleven, just for a cold drink. The car at the GAS PUMP was a Prius!!

I'll say Congrats here also. You will have a months worth of experience with it by the time I get mine, so keep posting your experiences.

Red, Jack Stands, Grey and DFS

Those of you who are going to get the 2010 Fusion Hybrid, or the 2010 Milan Hybrid, are in for a REAL treat! :) I drove two of them last week and it was AMAZING!!!! :shift: I also drove the new 2010 V6 Flex Fuel Milan, and that car is really fast! Driving either of these new 2010 Ford/Mercury's is addicting! Congrats to Ford for coming out with such incredible line of new cars. The new Ford/Mercury Hybrids are a real Prius killer :happy feet:

FWIW, I had to opportunity to drive the 2010 Milan Hybrid yesterday here in Tampa, FL. It doesn't feel/drive like a "hybrid", but rather a solid, well built near Mercedes. I was quite impressed, and am eagerly awaiting my car to be built next week. The more people find out about this car, the more popular it will be...

The dealer's saleman called this morning with our VIN number and estimated manufacturing date of April 20. Told us not to hold our breath regarding the date though.

Great news as this should cement the maximum tax credit that ends today.

The dealer's saleman called this morning with our VIN number and estimated manufacturing date of April 20. Told us not to hold our breath regarding the date though.

Remember to get a copy of the purchase order from when you first ordered, and copy of the DORA if they can still get it. Your salesperson may not know that Ford is pushing the retail orders that come in by 3/31 ahead of the stock orders. I expect you will see your vehicle by mid-May.

Seems like a lot of salespeople want to under promise - guess that cuts down on the number of disappointments.

Orders placed after 3/31 are the ones that may have a long wait, since the allocation programs will be back in place.

When I read this, I called my dealer. I ordered my car (with money down) at the end of October and was getting nervous! Got a VIN and 4/6 build week. Delivery before end of April likely!! :headspin:

DORA Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement A verification sent to dealers acknowledging each order placed with Ford.

Hi,

Over the past several days, I have used a cars.com search to locate hybrids at dealerships within a range of miles. Dealer/owner info are included in the search result, so you can contact them directly. The vast majority of listings are apparently newly arrived retail pre-orders, not available for sale or test drive unless the original buyer changes their mind and declines delivery. I've been persistent, and my Friday 03/27 search turned up a large dealership 80 miles away with ONE hybrid in their own inventory. I set up an appointment (very important), made the trip and, long story short, the dealership now has 0 hybrids, so obviously they will move quickly. I was insistent on test driving first, but for what it's worth, my apprehensions were unfounded. Drives like a very nice car. Good luck.

P.S. My first stop was at a 7-Eleven, just for a cold drink. The car at the GAS PUMP was a Prius!!

I agree it drives quite nicely. I got mine on 3/31, just under the wire. My only problem is that there is so much fun stuff on it (the only one they had was fully loaded) that it's more distracting then talking on a non-handsfree cell phone.

A black FFH with 502a package and stone interior came in to my dealer today (I ordered a green FFH with black leather and 502a package from them on 3/31). I went over as soon as it was prepped and drove it. It drove nicely though I didn't get to drive it far. It only had about 32 miles on it. It will take awhile to get used to the LED interface but it was great. I put a few green leaves on it ;-) I tried some hard acceleration and it went ok, nothing to write home about, and I didn't push it too much because it was not broken in yet.

The Sony stereo is one of the best I've ever heard in a car! No graphic equalizer, just bass and treble controls but that's all that's needed. Great bass, open treble, with an effortless, powerful quality to it. There is a "DSP" mode that only has one setting but sounded ok, no huge cathedral hall reverb or anything like that (good!). I hooked my BlackBerry up to the USB port easily and it recognized the songs/artists/albums on it and played them.

The nav unit has a straight down view and a birds eye view similar to Garmin's. It was nice, but I think I like my Garmin 360 better - it has a more refined interface. But this one's built in :-)

This is a complex system with the NAV and all, but it does a lot. The interface can be clunky. For instance, alphabetic keyboards are not QWERTY. Looking up artist names can be tedious - not nearly as quick and intuitive as Blackberry.

As for the inside, I'd say its very nice but not classic like an Audi or BMW - lots of buttons and controls and no wood trim.

The backup camera was awesome, except it kept beeping because it was raining and it mistook the rain for an obstruction I guess. The BLIS system was also impressive.

I'm 6'1" and had no problems in the front seat with moon roof. My head just brushed the top when sitting in the back.

All in all, I really liked it. Sure I'd change some things but this car has everything I wanted.

The 2010's were expected on dealer lots beginning in March. It was reported that production is going well. Some buyers were told to expect delivery shortly. Anyone have solid news That the cars are actually coming?

It's here! Just showed up. I can't take delivery until monday (my problem not the dealer). Quick question for those who have one... Is there a cover on the knee airbag? There was none on the car on the lot. Thanks!

It's here! Just showed up. I can't take delivery until monday (my problem not the dealer). Quick question for those who have one... Is there a cover on the knee airbag? There was none on the car on the lot. Thanks!

IF this is on the driver side Yes there is, mine was taped up so it wouldn't fall down

This is a complex system with the NAV and all, but it does a lot. The interface can be clunky. For instance, alphabetic keyboards are not QWERTY.

You can change the setting from alphabetic keyboards to QWERTY. Don't remember where I did it ... but it's there.