Sign in to follow this  
lager4

Existing sirius radio.....

I just bought an 08 fusion sel and it has sirius ready. I have an existing external sirius receiver with a lifetime subscription that i use in my home. Can i transfer that account to my new fusion, if so how do i do that?

You'd have to contact Sirius to do that (or more accurately to ask if you can do that). However, I've heard that the lifetime sub are actually tied to a particular ESN and not transferable to another tuner. I'm hoping I'm wrong about that though!

I believe you are correct it is the lifetime of the unit not your lifetime. That is the catch! You can of course just use the jack in front of the dash to play your receiver! Not the best solution but you could also add the car as a second receiver too if you are going to use the other someplace else?

Yeah I have the same problem sort of....

Once my sirius subscription runs out on my car im just going to hook up my stilleto 2 that I use for my work van up to the synce line in...

I just want to know if I can tap into the cars satellite antenna or will I have to add my own lol?

If you are a lifetime member, you can transfer your radio 3 times. It costs $75 each time. You can research this on the Sirius homepage.

If you are a lifetime member, you can transfer your radio 3 times. It costs $75 each time. You can research this on the Sirius homepage.

I know this is old, but I wanted to point out that if you're an old school "Lifetime Subscription" subscriber, they will likely waive the transfer fee. If they seem unwilling to, ask them to take a look at YOUR contract. The original lifetime subscription packages didn't have a fee mentioned in the contracts and you can hold them to it. They might get obnoxious and ask you to fax in a copy of your contract, though. A friend of mine went through this. He pointed out that nowhere in his contract did it mention a $75 fee, and they ended up waiving it. Fortunately he still had his original paperwork.

It's worth a shot. :)