Hi

We have experienced the wrench light for a while now with no performance issues, then just a few days ago, it started coming on more often, then we started to have the performance issue along with a check engine light.

We could not go over 40-45 miles an hour, and battery is drained during this time. Stop the car turn it off, wrench goes off, engine light says on. Go to accelerate and wrench light comes on again. During the time, battery doesn't charge well. Does fine when wrench light is off.

We cleaned the throttle body (was really dirty with lots of carbon buildup), took it out for a test drive, fine (engine light still), drove to the gym (not a pokemon gym...lol) all went well, ran smooth, but halfway back home, wrench light comes on again and car won't go over 45.

I think that the electronics in the throttle body are failing and it's time for a new one.

Anyone else with throttle body issues?

It sounds like the throttle body is still dirty and the throttle may be sticking.

We purchase a new one through O'Riely auto parts and (My dad works there = discount) paid $98 for the part. Cleared the PCM codes drove to work today and all seems fine so far. Got further than we have after we cleaned it. I just think it needed to be replaced.

Not sure it has anything to do with dirt. Guessing the electronics within the throttle body are failing.

This video shows a breakdown of the throttle body. They are the same throttle body as other non-hybrid fusions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDpUo3UPmto

I replaced mine in about ten minutes and $100 part from ford.

After replacing the throttle body it did not solve my problem of the engine not starting after the hybrid system shut it down during coasting.

I have since replaced the fuel pump module/relay that is in the trunk on the driver side behind the carpet. Ford Part #aa8z9d370b

This is a $65.00 part and takes five minutes to replace. It had zero problems restarting the rest of the 750 mi trip. I will report if problem persists.

Update 9/10/16: http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/11235-fusion-stalls-and-loses-power-at-highway-speeds/

So far evap purge solenoid valve sticking was causing my stalling/starting problems. View above thread for details.

Edited by alfonzo27