CCalvinN

Active Noise Cancellation improves audio?

I came to this forum to mention this problem. I have brought my 2015 Ford Fusion hybrid titanium into the shop many many times wondering why I lose bass when the ANC turns off? After the dealer talking to ford engineers they said that's how the anc works. I am thoroughly disappointed. If you listen to a song loud that has good bass to it you will notice it easily. It's like a subwoofer kicks out. I would like to know if there is a way to keep the ANC on always to keep that bass at all times? When the gas motor is running it thumps pretty good.

Here's some info on the Active Noise Cancellation:

How It Works

• Microphones in the vehicle interior headliner detect and measure the amplitude and phase of noise sound waves

• This information is relayed to the active noise cancellation module

• The module takes into account engine speed to calculate the target frequency that needs to be cancelled, targeting only unwanted noise and not other noise inside the cabin such as the audio system or passenger conversations

• The module then uses this information to generate a sound wave that has the same amplitude as the noise but reverses it

• The reversed sound wave is directed through the audio system speakers and combines with the original engine sound wave to cancel each other out

I can look into this further; just send me a PM with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location. :)

Meagan