hermans

Stop safely NOW

I had the PCM update done and it was 30 minutes, a Ford laptop update.

I'd like to know why your car failed like that...

Give Meagan (FordService) a PM, she'll get things moving at your Dealer.

Thanks for the shout-out!

I had already had the PCM update done (on both cars) about 2 months ago. Stopped at the dealer this AM and they said it may be a couple of days before they can look at it. We will see. I don't need a loaner as I have several cars I can drive. This surprised me. They have 3 hybrid mechanics.

I'm happy to look into how I can move this along. :) Just PM me your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

Well I would really like for some kind of light to come on in mine so they can diagnose why the Regen braking is acting strange. Without it, they give me the "You're driving it wrong idiot" look. They wont look at it until the 15th, and it felt as if he were reluctant to even do that.

Picked up the car this AM. They did the recall on the RCM. They also once again applied the TSB # 13-7-11 which reprogrammed the pcm, becm and sobdm.

This is not the first thread I've seen that seems to show that while supplies of the new-&-improved RCMs are not yet avalable to replace on all recall-affected cars, that they are able to get the part to symptom-affected cars pretty quickly instead of the 4-5 weeks or whatever it was that we saw last Fall right around when the recall was issued.

Edited by jeff_h

If electronics within a car are going to fail they commonly do it very early in their life while still covered under warranty. It is frustrating but once they isolate the problem and replace the failing module it will hopefully not fail again. These cars are very complex and I am amazed that many/most of them work reliably from day one with no problems at all.

Had this in less than 2 months after I bought the car in 2017. Towed to the dealer. Now started to have it again... Cross finger each time it arrives that I will be able to start it again. So yes, even if they thought that they fixed it then (in 2017), it started again...