acdii

Low speed EV noise, regen brakes questionable

I dont know if it is normal or not. I know the Hybrid can have a whine, but mine has this other noise too. Hard to describe it in words, Kinda like a grrr, or di di di di di di , i as in did, not i as in e. It isn't very loud, but I can hear it.

The other problem is the regen brakes just going completely away for a moment when making a turn from just about any speed. The car lurches through a turn when it happens. More noticeable at higher speeds, say turning off a highway from 55 to a 40 mph road.

Now question for all, when slowing down from 55-60 are you having to press further and further down on the brake to slow down, even when almost to a stop? I could swear the brakes were more aggressive when I first got the car, you press to a certain point and the car will just keep slowing down without more and more travel. I nearly ran into a pickup while coming to a stop, I was pressing down more and the car was slowing less until I went past the regen point and hit service brakes, then of course the car stopped on a dime. If the battery was fully charged, I can under stand it, but the battery was only at 40%.

I have to replace the front hubs on my truck and change the diff fluid, so I can make it 100% road worthy before I can take the car in for service, but in the meantime, if anyone can listen to their car and let me know if you hear something like Curly doing his dance, or if your brakes feel the same, that would be great. If a few come back and say no to one or both, then I will take it in. The regen kicking out during a turn is the one thing that I did get the SM to notice and he is well aware that it does it.

boo

CC Let me know when you are around town, maybe you can put an ear to it.

Yeah, I have Friday off, just shoot me an email when you can come up or meet. We can compare cars and see if what I hear in mine can be heard in yours. Whats strange is today the regen brakes worked fine, I know when they are working right when I have to let up a slight bit when slowing. Now I have to get the tires balanced, I got them rotated Saturday, and today I noticed a slight vibration now.

Oh and just saw a trailer for while we were young and there was a black Fusion behind them. :)