91er

Hybrid or Energi?

Trunk space isn't much of an issue. My other car is a Sequoia

You could be surprised how much the small trunk might be an issue for you. With a run to grandma's house or a big grocery run you might find the trunk issue a bigger concern than you think and will end up taking the Sequoia when you would prefer not.

With an FFH, it takes me just 10 minutes to fill up, and then I'm ready to go again for an easy 600-650 miles, and gas stations are on every corner, no muss, no fuss. :shift: But my daily commute is on the longer side too. I have no regrets on purchasing my FFH.

If you take the plunge and get a 240V charger and can leave it plugged in to pre-heat during winter with the GO Times, you will have a very happy spouse and happy school kids as they get into a warm car each morning. To me, that's the best feature of all, as I get into my warm car and leave at 5am and then plug hers in and her car is then also nice and warm when she leaves at 7am.

The 240V charger is a no-brainer for me and I was planning on it but what kind would remain to be seen. I'd seen the JuiceBox Classic for $450 shipped which didn't look like a bad deal to me? Again, thanks for all of the input. I'll let you know what happens.

On the Energi forum we often get one user or another who will pop in and say that buying a 240V charger will take too long to pay for itself and therefore is not economically viable, to which I often reply that one can also save a bunch of money with dial-up internet too but that I doubt anyone who gets high-speed internet regrets it... anyway, there are many threads on the Energi forum about 240V chargers to get, below is a link to one I started almost 2 years ago (time flies!).

http://www.fordfusionenergiforum.com/topic/710-what-level-2-charger-did-you-buyinstall/