Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Side mirrors pointing to ground this morning

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Luron

Luron

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 22 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion SE Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2016

Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:15 PM

Hi Mark,

Mine has been the exact same thing... the driver's side view mirror does the up-down-left-right movements every time I unlocked the car. It started to happen after I washed my car. I thought the setting was messed up somehow so I reset the key fob and even changed the batteries. It stopped and went back to normal. Today it was raining and it happened again and it happened to both of my key fobs. Like you said it has something to do with wet. 

Please advise. Was yours eventually resolved?

Luron

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   usererror

usererror

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 80 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:FFH Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 25 April 2018 - 09:19 AM

Hi Luron,

As you read, my mirror assembly was replaced under warranty by the dealer.  However, the problem was not completely resolved, but it is significantly better.  I'm now out of warranty, and not going to bother with it now.  It happens very rarely.  When I wash the car by hand I try not to soak the mirrors with the hose, and the car wash I use now, the attendants usually remember to fold the mirrors in as I roll through.

In hindsight, I maybe should have just let it be because now I feel my door that had the mirror assembly replaced has more 'squeaks' than it did before coming from the speaker area.

I hope this helps you out.

640x163-current-line-up.png

#23 OFFLINE   Luron

Luron

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 22 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion SE Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2016

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:11 PM

Hi Luron,

As you read, my mirror assembly was replaced under warranty by the dealer.  However, the problem was not completely resolved, but it is significantly better.  I'm now out of warranty, and not going to bother with it now.  It happens very rarely.  When I wash the car by hand I try not to soak the mirrors with the hose, and the car wash I use now, the attendants usually remember to fold the mirrors in as I roll through.

In hindsight, I maybe should have just let it be because now I feel my door that had the mirror assembly replaced has more 'squeaks' than it did before coming from the speaker area.

I hope this helps you out.

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your response. Mine is out of warranty anyway so I did not think of bring it to the dealer for a replacement. I know it's not cheap and now I learned of your experience with the squeaking noise. I however did one last try this morning and it stopped the issue right away. I hope it won't come back. What I did was dissociating the key fob with the seat memory setting. Since I am the only one using the car anyway.

Thanks again.

Luron

• usererror likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·