Tomo

Fusion no key detected

Keep getting this message- with both keys in hand.

Been to dealer service twice with no resolution.

No codes found.

Any suggestions?

I've been stranded multiple times in the past month.

Welcome to the Forum and sorry to hear of your problems.

I suggest you go to another Dealer, in addition get our Forum's Ford Rep involved.

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/9047-new-fordservice-rep/?p=90893

Click on her Forum name, FordService, and send Meagan a Personal Message (PM).

Edited by GrySql

No codes found.

Any suggestions?

Hi Tomo,

Welcome to the forum!

I want to help get this straightened out. Please send me a PM with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Welcome to the Forum and sorry to hear of your problems.

I suggest you go to another Dealer, in addition get our Forum's Ford Rep involved.

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/9047-new-fordservice-rep/?p=90893

Click on her Forum name, FordService, and send Meagan a Personal Message (PM).

Thanks!

Meagan

It is possible, given ONLY what you said in your first post that you have the two FOBs too close together when this happens; just a guess.

Codes or no, if the dealer can duplicate the failure, he is obligated to FIX it.......but I have heard of that failure when you have both FOBs in the same hand or same pocket.

No codes found.

Any suggestions?

Google this: "ford fusion no key detected"

You will be surprised at the number of hits you get, even some from this forum. It;s more than just Fusions too. Too much for me to read!

One thing I ran across that did make sense though, you might try changing out the battery in the fobs if they are close to 2 years old. That came from a Ford tech. Since your car is a '14, it could have been built in '13 and have older batteries in the key fobs. Supposedly they are CR-2032 watch type batteries.

One thing I ran across that did make sense though, you might try changing out the battery in the fobs if they are close to 2 years old. That came from a Ford tech. Since your car is a '14, it could have been built in '13 and have older batteries in the key fobs. Supposedly they are CR-2032 watch type batteries.

I was recently reading about the FOB batteries in the FFH owner's manual. It stated that there should a message displayed in the dash when the FOB battery is getting low and needs to be replaced.

Edited by Texasota

I was recently reading about the FOB batteries in the FFH owner's manual. It stated that there should a message displayed in the dash when the FOB battery is getting low and needs to be replaced.

Yeah, I saw that too, but couldn't really tell if that was only for the integrated key transmitters (like ours) and/or the Intelligent Access transmitters as well (which is the subject of this thread).

There is also this note at the beginning of the Information Messages section: "Note: Depending on the vehicle options equipped with your vehicle, not all of the messages will display or be available. Certain messages may be abbreviated or shortened depending upon which cluster type you have."

One thing is for sure, our (integrated key transmitter) remotes use one CR-2032 battery and the Intelligent Access remotes (which the OP is having trouble with) have two CR-2025 batteries. Is it possible that cars with the Intelligent Access option don't get that message? Maybe. Don't really know for sure unless someone has actually seen it. Anybody?

On my dad's Lexus which uses a pushbutton start system, if the key's battery is dead, then holding the fob directly adjacent to the button so that it touches is apparently good enough for the car to detect the key.

Don't know if that'll work on the Fusion as mine doesn't have Intelligent Access (for once I'm glad not to have it, lol - no offence :P). Worth a shot!

Edited by machoman1337

On my 2012 Focus, which had the push button start and Intelligent key transmitters, I got the low FOB battery warning on the dash. I assume the Fusion would offer the same level of assistance.

When the fob is placed in the fob holder, does the car detect it? If it does, then replace the fob battery. Do not place both keys there, or the car will get confused and report key not detected.

Was just wondering if this issue was resolved and if so, what fixed it? Others in the forum may experience this exact problem and it would be nice to know.

No, the problem has not been fixed.

It's not a battery issue as many have suggested.

Dealer thought they had it fixed this week but "no key detected" message came up again when I went to pick it up.

Still working on it and I'll advise when it's resloved.

Dealer thought they had it fixed this week but "no key detected" message came up again when I went to pick it up.

OK, great. Thanks for the update! Have a great weekend! :)

Hi Tomo,

My offer to check out some options still stands. :) Just send me a PM with your VIN, updated mileage, best daytime phone, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

So I've run into this issue a few times in the last couple of months. The car still works, but I get the no Key detected error. I told the service department today when I brought it in for a checkup and they couldn't find any issues.

Then I read something online about RFI causing the issue with some cars. Then the more I thought about it, it only seems to happen when I'm parked outside my daycare. Could it really be something causing interference?

So I've run into this issue a few times in the last couple of months. The car still works, but I get the no Key detected error. I told the service department today when I brought it in for a checkup and they couldn't find any issues.

Then I read something online about RFI causing the issue with some cars. Then the more I thought about it, it only seems to happen when I'm parked outside my daycare. Could it really be something causing interference?

Hi Howie411,

From your Owner Guide:

The typical operating range for your transmitter is approximately 33 feet (10 meters). Vehicles with the remote start feature will have a greater range. One of the following could cause a decrease in operating range:

• weather conditions • nearby radio towers

• structures around the vehicle

• other vehicles parked next to your vehicle

The radio frequency used by your remote control can also be used by other short distance radio transmissions, for example amateur radios, medical equipment, wireless headphones, remote controls and alarm systems. If the frequencies are jammed, you will not be able to use your remote control. You can lock and unlock the doors with the key.

Meagan

Two months now. Forth time at dealer. Stranded with no key detected again.

Frustrating while Ford field service tech & Dealer continue to replace modules only to have the problem pop up again.

Not a bad thought but If it was that simple the Ford technicians would have figured that out.

It's way beyond that. Stay tuned. Thx.

Yeah I dont think the techs have his cell phone with them when trying to fix it. Just a thought. Im surprised they havent just replaced the fobs and reprogrammed everything.

Two months now. Forth time at dealer. Stranded with no key detected again.

Frustrating while Ford field service tech & Dealer continue to replace modules only to have the problem pop up again.

Hi Tomo,

I'll be happy to jump in, just let me know. :)

Meagan