mwr

Hood has deeper gloss than roof or trunk

When I did the clay bar on the 2010 Edge sometime late 2012 or early 2013, I don't recall having any red on the cloth as shown above, but did have the same type of red residue was on the clay bar from parts of the hood and roof.

Get some fine white polish, and do a small section on the trunk, and on the hood, and see if you get any color transfer. Though it sounds strange, the only way you will get transfer is if the clear coat was not applied. Base coat does have a sheen to it, but nothing like clear coat does. Also a single stage paint will transfer paint, and not be as glossy. Considering you have Ruby Red, its a 3 stage paint, so that is even more strange.

Base coat, pearl coat, clear coat. Extremely difficult to match, needs a good professional painter to match it. If they lay the pearl wrong it will be glaringly obvious. Some are base coat, pearl coat, candy clear coat. Even more difficult as if not applied evenly will be blotchy.

I see a slight difference in mine as well, and black will show it more. My hood is extremely glossy compared to the rest of the car. Maybe because it is aluminum while the rest is steel?

If you look at the bumpers and the lower half of the trunk lid, they have a slight variation to them than the rest of the car. so my thinking is what the OP sees is normal. When I clay bar'd the car, it came off looking blue, so not sure what that is from, it was mostly the front of the car, hood and front part of the roof that had the bar looking blue, the rest of the car did not have the blue on the bar. My hood is very shiny compared to the rest of the car, so to me the OP car is normal.