Texasota

Number of miles on your eCVT

There have been several threads documenting FFH eCVT failures requiring the installation of a new transmission. Several forum members have understandably expressed concerns and posed questions about their being an underlying problem with our eCVTs that is causing these failures. I have the impression that these failures have been occurring at a relatively low number of miles but that impression could be wrong.

I was thinking with this thread forum members could jump in and tell us how many miles they currently have on their FFH and if they have had any concerns or problems with their eCVT’s reliability/longevity. If nothing else, forum members with high mileage on their eCVTs may be reassuring to the rest of us.

I currently have about 8000 miles on my 2015 and so far no hints of abnormal noises or problems.

Edited by Texasota

Climbing should not a strain. We suspect the problem is coasting down a long hill where the ICE doesn't run for many minutes thereby reducing the lubrication of the transmission which only circulates fluid when the ICE is on. Goose the pedal or select low briefly to get the ICE to run for a few seconds during the long downhills until the problem is resolved.

Goose the pedal or select low briefly to get the ICE to run for a few seconds during the long downhills until the problem is resolved.

Or engage the standard Grade Assist?

10995314_894810133894455_422554574013215

Whats interesting is it was 19000 this morning too, so the 25 ev miles from the trip home weren't added. Strange.

into the 95k region now

That is the highest mileage posted so far in this thread. What year is your FFH?

The 2004-12 eCVTs were made by Aisin. The 2013+ are made by Ford.