Sign in to follow this  
acdii

Don't overlook this when cleaning your car

On our 13+ Fusions, at the bottom of each door on the rocker itself is a rubber weather strip that seals the bottom of the door when its closed. I dont know how it is held on, probably plastic clips, so be careful with this. What I found today is grit like small rocks and sand can get in between it and the rocker and it will eventually grind into the paint and you will get rust started, so when cleaning, pull it open a bit and vacuum it out, flush it with a hose, compressed air or something to get it clean. It is very easy to overlook this when cleaning the car.

On our 13+ Fusions, at the bottom of each door on the rocker itself is a rubber weather strip that seals the bottom of the door when its closed. I dont know how it is held on, probably plastic clips, so be careful with this. What I found today is grit like small rocks and sand can get in between it and the rocker and it will eventually grind into the paint and you will get rust started, so when cleaning, pull it open a bit and vacuum it out, flush it with a hose, compressed air or something to get it clean. It is very easy to overlook this when cleaning the car.

Excellent point and suggestion. I have already noticed this on mine.

My drive is all gravel and kids are pigs, so I am glad i discovered this or I would be in a world of hurt in a few years when my rockers rotted out.

Pictures to show what exactly you mean? :camera:

Coming up in a bit, just about to go out there and give her some :wub: :love_shower: :flirt:

Here we go, pics of the part in question. I did discover that the rocker is actually a plastic cover, so it wont rust like I was thinking would happen. Still its good to clean it out every so often.

11000272_876280522414083_20298967170495410615530_876280519080750_528691145290898