Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

FFH vs MKZh

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   SteveB_TX

SteveB_TX

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 933 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Our stable: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE, 2013 Ford F-150 XLT Ecoboost Super Crew
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:23 AM

That really ticked me off when a Focus was doing better on the same drive than the Hybrid was. 

???  Focus = 2,935 to 3,055 lbs.  Fusion Hybrid = 3,615 lbs. 

White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat

Light Dune Leather interior

All of the bells and whistles (without that silly panoramic roof).

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:49 AM

At the time, Focus was 26 city, 38 highway, 31 combined. Fusion Hybrid was 47,47,47.  My expectation(which is dead on) was 38-43, and the BD was getting 34, the Focus I drove got 39.  Even the 2010 FFH we had was getting better and it was rated at 41 tops, and it was getting 38.  Now that I have a properly functioning FFH, it does get better than the Focus, as it should. 

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#43 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,009 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:17 PM

As for the trans, I am more concerned about the FFH tranny than the Focus. 

Why do you say that? Is it based on the recent threads discussing eCVT replacements on this forum?

The DCT problems for the 2012+ Focus are massive, wide spread, well documented and acknowleded by Ford. The problem is not isolated to just the 2012 Focus as the 2013s and 2014s also have high failure rates. I don't have any information about the 2015s but I suspect the situation is similar.  My Ford dealer replaces Focus clutch assemblies at a rate of 5-10 per week. Ford does not seem to have a permanent solution to the problem other than clutch assembly replacements.

On the bright side, two weeks after I traded in my 2012 Focus I received a good will letter from Ford extending the factory warranty on my Focus's DCT (IIRC it extended it to 75,000 miles).  Unfortunately, to make 75,000 miles my 2012 would have likely needed three more replacements given the history during the first 40,000 miles.

I hope they have figured out somethign for the 2015s and I honestly do hope you have good luck with yours.  With the exception of the DCT mine was an excellent car. I would not hesitate to buy another with the manual transmission (too bad a 6-speed manual is not available).

#44 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:54 PM

Keeping fingers crossed as my wife is excited to have it now. She pouted at me twice today cause she wanted to take "her" car when we went to the store and later to dinner.  We took the Freestyle on the first trip and once we had it loaded she said, hmm, good thing we didnt take my car, none of it would fit.  Picked up bedding, horse food, and salt and the Freestyle protested it.  

My wife took a pic and posted it for her sister.  Imagine a kid with their thumbs in their ears wagging their fingers and sticking their tongue out, that was my wife posting the picture. LOL

10835395_10204053663647494_8549415143933

Posted Image

#45 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,009 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 15 March 2015 - 12:05 PM

That is a hatch, right?  Looks just like my 2012 which was a white hatch. It had lots of room inside with the rear seat bottoms flipped forward and the seatbacks folded down (nice big flat load area).  I could easily fit my bike inside (with the front wheel removed).

#46 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 02:12 PM

It is, she was looking at a sedan SE, and I had looked towards the back of the lot and saw this one, walked up to it, took one look and said, here, we'll get this one.  She said, but its too much and I said, so? However you look at it, it is going to cost less than the MKT!  

Anyway, we did a Sunday drive, she wanted to see where I will be working so we drove there. Was a nice drive, and only took an hour fifteen each way.

Above my estimates, and only 52*

10866170_876207765754692_641273947522477

• corncobs likes this

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·