Let the search begin! :) I did find the HyTi that was quoted to me last week, has 7K on it, exact options like on mine, but with the ceramic interior, and heated steering wheel. Its priced at 28K, but I think I want to get something between 24-25K instead.

Congratulations and best of luck!

Although the thought of work (WORK! [M.G. Krebs]) makes me shudder.

LOL, will be glad to get back to work, this loafing around crap sucks! Though I do have to admit, I have been getting some much needed rest.

Well my decision has been made. The Fusion will be my DD, the MKT has been replaced with a Focus Titanium for my wife. The Freestyle will remain for now, it supposedly has a 2000# tow rating, and I can get a hitch for it pretty cheap and see if it can pull my smaller trailer, but eventually it will have to be replaced with something that can haul 7500#. The MKT could not, in fact it struggled a bit pulling the smaller trailer. The poor departed Flex pulled my horse trailer which empty weighs more then my small trailer with a load in it, and it pulled it with more vigor than the T did my small one. If the Freestyle pulls my plane trailer OK, then I will put tires and shocks on it and have the services done, if not then shop around for something else, but the main thing, have fuel efficient cars for both of our daily drives is done. She's happy, i'm somewhat happy(Would much rather have a FLEX LOL), and our pocketbook will be happy.

Whats funny is her Focus will probably get better gas mileage than my HyTi. As it sits right now, I am expecting a $158 a month savings in fuel at $2.50 a gallon, that only goes higher as gas prices go up. I also have a much lower monthly payment, so already a few hundred ahead each month! OK that makes me happy, LOL

For me, its all about the butt in this case. The SE Luxury seats in the FFH were much more comfortable than the ones in the Titanium. The problem I have with the SE is I like stereos to sound good, and the SE just does not sound good, and I for one dont want to dump money into an aftermarket system, especially since this car has no head unit. To much integration with other components, and that is why I got the HyTi. While the Sony is not the "best" in sound quality, its good enough for my purposes.

No decisions have been made yet, just tossing around ideas, but if the MKZ has a more comfortable seat in it, with the good sounding system, then that is the one to go for. Since I would be getting rid of my MKT, the replacement will be something I want to replace it with, not a compromise. If I could keep the MKT, that would be a different story.

I agree on the stereo comment, the only reason i was(am) consider(ing)ed a MKZh. :)

Why would that be?

She doesn't drive the Fusion like I do, but when driving the Focus, she can do really good in it. I will also be doing all highway in the Fusion, which means no stretches of 35 MPH where I can take advantage of the EV and regen, and the Focus will be mostly highway from the looks of it, even if not, I remember getting 39 MPG in it in the winter time when I had a loaner during the BD fiasco. That really ticked me off when a Focus was doing better on the same drive than the Hybrid was. I would not be surprised at all if she were to get 40 MPG in it. She said on her test drive she got 57. It does have a nice display to show fuel economy, will take some time to memorize the locations on the screen, but it is not bad at all for monitoring fuel consumption.

That really ticked me off when a Focus was doing better on the same drive than the Hybrid was. I would not be surprised at all if she were to get 40 MPG in it. She said on her test drive she got 57.

I hope you have good luck with your Focus but our 2012 Focus was not competitive with the FFH for highway MPG and was not even in the same league for city driving MPG. If you encounter problems with the DCT it will likely begin like clockwork at around 10,000 miles. Ours went through three clutch assemblies and was ready for a fourth when I traded it in.

It has the 2.0 in it, and is doing very good on MPG so far. I can easily see it averaging at least 35 for her. Now that the weather has warmed up the HyTi is getting in the 40's again. Keeping my fingers crossed I can average 43 in it going to/from my new job. Its all 55-60 MPH for 122 miles.

As for the trans, I am more concerned about the FFH tranny than the Focus.

That really ticked me off when a Focus was doing better on the same drive than the Hybrid was.

??? Focus = 2,935 to 3,055 lbs. Fusion Hybrid = 3,615 lbs.

At the time, Focus was 26 city, 38 highway, 31 combined. Fusion Hybrid was 47,47,47. My expectation(which is dead on) was 38-43, and the BD was getting 34, the Focus I drove got 39. Even the 2010 FFH we had was getting better and it was rated at 41 tops, and it was getting 38. Now that I have a properly functioning FFH, it does get better than the Focus, as it should.

As for the trans, I am more concerned about the FFH tranny than the Focus.

Why do you say that? Is it based on the recent threads discussing eCVT replacements on this forum?

The DCT problems for the 2012+ Focus are massive, wide spread, well documented and acknowleded by Ford. The problem is not isolated to just the 2012 Focus as the 2013s and 2014s also have high failure rates. I don't have any information about the 2015s but I suspect the situation is similar. My Ford dealer replaces Focus clutch assemblies at a rate of 5-10 per week. Ford does not seem to have a permanent solution to the problem other than clutch assembly replacements.

On the bright side, two weeks after I traded in my 2012 Focus I received a good will letter from Ford extending the factory warranty on my Focus's DCT (IIRC it extended it to 75,000 miles). Unfortunately, to make 75,000 miles my 2012 would have likely needed three more replacements given the history during the first 40,000 miles.

I hope they have figured out somethign for the 2015s and I honestly do hope you have good luck with yours. With the exception of the DCT mine was an excellent car. I would not hesitate to buy another with the manual transmission (too bad a 6-speed manual is not available).

Keeping fingers crossed as my wife is excited to have it now. She pouted at me twice today cause she wanted to take "her" car when we went to the store and later to dinner. We took the Freestyle on the first trip and once we had it loaded she said, hmm, good thing we didnt take my car, none of it would fit. Picked up bedding, horse food, and salt and the Freestyle protested it.

My wife took a pic and posted it for her sister. Imagine a kid with their thumbs in their ears wagging their fingers and sticking their tongue out, that was my wife posting the picture. LOL

10835395_10204053663647494_8549415143933

That is a hatch, right? Looks just like my 2012 which was a white hatch. It had lots of room inside with the rear seat bottoms flipped forward and the seatbacks folded down (nice big flat load area). I could easily fit my bike inside (with the front wheel removed).

It is, she was looking at a sedan SE, and I had looked towards the back of the lot and saw this one, walked up to it, took one look and said, here, we'll get this one. She said, but its too much and I said, so? However you look at it, it is going to cost less than the MKT!

Anyway, we did a Sunday drive, she wanted to see where I will be working so we drove there. Was a nice drive, and only took an hour fifteen each way.

Above my estimates, and only 52*

10866170_876207765754692_641273947522477