Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Do you like the spoiler? And what is its aerodynamic impact?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 977 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:20 PM

Very interesting posts in this thread but the majority of the information and data cited indicates that the spoiler, by itself, affects the aerodynamic characteristics of our FFHs in a very small way at best. The MPG benefit is so small that none of us would ever be able to measure it at the gas pump where it really matters. It would seem that for all practical purposes the spoiler is a styling component and a matter of personal taste.

I'm glad Ford makes it an option for those that like it and for those that don't you can purchase a FFH without it.  Makes us all happy, right?

• hybridbear and TonyHzNV like this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 10 March 2015 - 12:27 PM

Very interesting posts in this thread but the majority of the information and data cited indicates that the spoiler, by itself, affects the aerodynamic characteristics of our FFHs in a very small way at best. The MPG benefit is so small that none of us would ever be able to measure it at the gas pump where it really matters. It would seem that for all practical purposes the spoiler is a styling component and a matter of personal taste.

I'm glad Ford makes it an option for those that like it and for those that don't you can purchase a FFH without it.  Makes us all happy, right?

Excellent summary of the discussion thus far. SE models can get the spoiler as part of the 501A (Appearance) Package and Titanium models can remove it when ordering.

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#43 OFFLINE   Hybrider

Hybrider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 407 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Awesome FFH SE
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 10 March 2015 - 03:52 PM

Go, SE Appearance Package!!! cheerleader-108.gif

Oh sorry, got a little carried away there.

grey appearance rear

• hybridbear likes this

2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE Ingot Silver (Appearance Package)

Ordered: 01/07/2014 | VIN assigned: 01/14/2014 | Window Sticker: 02/05/2014 | Build Date: 02/12/2014 | Arrived at Dealer: 02/25/2014 | Delivered: 02/27/2014

#44 OFFLINE   Iwejun

Iwejun

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 27 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Titanium FFH
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 09 June 2015 - 03:26 PM

Not all spoilers are made to produce downforce, some are incorporated into a design to "push" the low pressure area that is produced by the rearend further away from the car so there is less drag.  I have the spoiler and compared to other cars that are producing spray at highway speeds I produce very little and what is visible is very low and back quite a ways before I see it.  Throw the BS flag if you want but they were into aero with this car not only for looks but as an excercise.

• GrySql and Hybrider like this

#45 OFFLINE   machoman1337

machoman1337

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • Current Vehicle:FFH SE Ice Storm/Lexus LS430

Posted 10 June 2015 - 02:31 PM

IMO, next time Ford should make the spoiler such that it can be mounted with adhesive by a dealer after delivery without needing to drill into the trunk. That would truly satisfy both camps - people who want the spoiler can ask for it at the time of purchase, and people who don't want it won't have to resort to factory ordering. And people who buy used can manually remove the spoiler without creating holes.

I sat in a Titanium at the auto show and after feeling those awesome leather seats, I now know that my next Fusion would have to be Titanium. Just would like a simpler way to avoid the spoiler than factory ordering :)

My precious: 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE Ice Storm - Luxury Package (Dune), Navigation, Tech Package, Active Park Assist, Moonroof (ugh), 18" premium painted luxury wheels. Built in July 2012, bought CPO (former demonstrator) in May 2014. 6.3L/100 km lifetime fuel economy

Current temporary ride: 2003 Lexus LS430 w/navigation and parking sensors. Bought in December 2002, selling when I graduate

#46 OFFLINE   jadei

jadei

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 25 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2015 Ford Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 11 June 2015 - 05:45 PM

IMO, next time Ford should make the spoiler such that it can be mounted with adhesive by a dealer after delivery without needing to drill into the trunk. That would truly satisfy both camps - people who want the spoiler can ask for it at the time of purchase, and people who don't want it won't have to resort to factory ordering. And people who buy used can manually remove the spoiler without creating holes.

I sat in a Titanium at the auto show and after feeling those awesome leather seats, I now know that my next Fusion would have to be Titanium. Just would like a simpler way to avoid the spoiler than factory ordering :)

Or get the SE Hybrid with Luxury package (Equipment Group 502A) includes foglights, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, leather upholstery, heated front seats and driver-seat memory settings.

364210.png

#47 OFFLINE   machoman1337

machoman1337

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • Current Vehicle:FFH SE Ice Storm/Lexus LS430

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:30 PM

Or get the SE Hybrid with Luxury package (Equipment Group 502A) includes foglights, an auto-dimming rearview mirror, leather upholstery, heated front seats and driver-seat memory settings.

That's exactly what I have. However, the leather quality in the SE vs the Titanium is quite different, sadly. If the two trims had the same kinds of leather seats I would be very happy.

Edited by machoman1337, 11 June 2015 - 10:30 PM.

My precious: 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE Ice Storm - Luxury Package (Dune), Navigation, Tech Package, Active Park Assist, Moonroof (ugh), 18" premium painted luxury wheels. Built in July 2012, bought CPO (former demonstrator) in May 2014. 6.3L/100 km lifetime fuel economy

Current temporary ride: 2003 Lexus LS430 w/navigation and parking sensors. Bought in December 2002, selling when I graduate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·