rwhgme

17" Black wheels

I know there are black chrome wheels, but are 18", saw them on a Fusion and they looked SHARP! I did see an S with black rims too, a Sunset one, the black wheels look really good on this car, except the silver ones, not much can help that except a paint job to a different color. :)

donning flame suit

the black wheels look really good on this car, except the silver ones, not much can help that except a paint job to a different color. :)

donning flame suit

Whatevs! Jealously gets you nowhere. :)

I had 2 toyotas, both were silver, I cringe when I see a silver anything now.

If you look really close at the 2016 Fusion Order Guide, the FFH still only comes with 17" wheels.

Below are the wheels shown in the 2016 order guide. The only ones that come on the FFH are the ones that specifically say the word, "Hybrid". All of those (all two of them) are only 17".

post-12539-0-97577800-1425797896_thumb.png

BTW, if you compare the diameters of the 17", 18", and the 19" tires that come on the Fusions, they are all approximately the same diameter. So very little adjustments would be needed for the module doing the speedometer calculations.

Edited by Hybrider

I would almost bet that if you had a car built to order, you could get whatever wheels you wanted from the list regardless of what comes standard.

If you mean a factory order, then I don't think that is true. If it is not in the ordering guide, then you won't be able to get it even on a factory order.

Edited by Texasota

I'm referring to the wheels that ARE in the ordering guide.

Sorry, I see what you mean now. But, as Hybrider indicated, you choice would be limited to one optional 17" wheel on the factory order if you don't like the standard 17" wheel.

Edited by Texasota

The MPG difference is minimal, its the tires that play the most important part of the equation. Putting a good Low Rolling Resistance tire on 18" rims will give just as good MPG as OEM tires on 17" wheels. The PureContacts have done a pretty good job for me, considering I did get 47 MPG in 10* weather last week.