Sign in to follow this  
acdii

Regen Braking Issue When Turning

A few years ago, Prii had a similar problem when they went over grates or manhole covers while turnong. I think it had something to do with the ABS and I believe a software change fixed it. Yours is probably something else.

Ford Engineering ought to appreciate those graphs. I doubt that they have ever done anything exactly like this because it is such an unexpected and vague system error. This is excellent work.

I think you ought to have FordService get involved here and get Ford Engineering to take a look at this while it's online here on the Forum.

Thanks!

Update from the SA:

I'll take the Energi back to the dealership tomorrow.

Keep me in the loop with how the dealer visit goes, and I'll check out some options on my end. :)

Meagan

How sharp does the turn have to be and how fast to notice the problem? I have the new RCM but not the PCM update. I have not noticed anything turning into my driveway. I drive most of the time in L so the regen should be there.

What? You do most of your driving in L? What speeds are you driving? Can you provide some more background on that, please?