Hey everyone. i know most of you could care less about modding your hybrid but i thought i would point out a new product i came across. The grille pictured below is on preorder and is from Thelightingfirm.net. I just ordered mine. They are supposed to have more pictures soon including the version with the fang looking slats that follow the body lines coming down from the hood. Check it out.

CE0E3E8C-7CEA-4737-B321-364DEFBB47BB.jpg

And you give them free advertising everywhere you drive!

I hope that nameplate is removable.

At least this one looks like a replacement rather than a cheap J.C. Whitney looking overlay. I kinda like it! A bit :spend: , but looks good. :)

Edited by SteveB_TX

I think this and probably the T-rex unit are replacements. If Fiesta is any indication, the front faschia would need to be removed to get to the fastenings for the grilles. I like both units and am trying to decide which to get for my FFH once I know when it'll be delivered.

Yeah Steve it's a bit pricey but it's from a smaller shop that has to account for the overhead and the risk of paying to have the mold made. This grille was prototyped by hand with a lot of hours invested. They are only charging 20 dollars shipped as well which is a lot better than some of the major manufacturers.

I think this and probably the T-rex unit are replacements. If Fiesta is any indication, the front faschia would need to be removed to get to the fastenings for the grilles. I like both units and am trying to decide which to get for my FFH once I know when it'll be delivered.

Looking at the photos of that t-rex thing, it appears to install in front of the original grill. The photo of the toothy white one clearly shows it is not recessed into the fascia as is the TLF grill, sitting flush with the nose. Even if it is a replacement, to me it looks like a tack-on overlay. :) Edited by SteveB_TX

Looking at the photos of that t-rex thing, it appears to install in front of the original grill. The photo of the toothy white one clearly shows it is not recessed into the fascia as is the TLF grill, sitting flush with the nose. Even if it is a replacement, to me it looks like a tack-on overlay. :)

Darn it! You're right ... it does look like an overlay. If I do get a grille change I want it to be replacement type and not overlay. Takes little garage space to store the OEM grille for any later replacement need.

Tell me how you like it when you get it. I'm pretty sure it's a full replacement. Have been looking at their modified lights as well. Will definitely be doing business with them in the near future. Just need the car first later this month.

Will do. It is a full replacement. You may honestly get your car right as they are starting production. Ive heard if you purchase both lights and the grille they are giving 10% off. My suggestion would be sign up for their email mailing list. They offer goodies in there. I also have their lights so if you have any questions let me know.

Edited by Gregory Thomas Harnish

Replaces OEM grille? How is the Fusion grille fastened into the faschia? Clips, glue? duct tape?

It does look nice but until I know HOW the darn thing fastens in, I won't consider it. I know Fiesta method, but can't seem to locate any source on the Fusion front end. If the front faschia needs to be removed I'll need to look up where all the fastenings are.

Edited by Cobra348

That fancy, racy new grill that Da0ne is showing off looks like it is crying out for an "ST" emblem to be put on it to me. ;)

Replaces OEM grille? How is the Fusion grille fastened into the faschia? Clips, glue? duct tape?

It does look nice but until I know HOW the darn thing fastens in, I won't consider it. I know Fiesta method, but can't seem to locate any source on the Fusion front end. If the front faschia needs to be removed I'll need to look up where all the fastenings are.

yes replacement take original one off and replace with this on

image_zpslqaca3lo.jpg

It's just a piece of mesh behind the bumper for the pictures, they haven't made the bottom grill yet.