Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Miles on a New Car - What's OK?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Phil3

Phil3

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 16 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Mazda Tribute V6
  • My Hybrid's Year:None

Posted 22 February 2015 - 11:38 PM

I am close to closing a deal on a new Fusion hybrid.  The car has to be brought in from another location (dealer I presume).  I have concerns over miles on the car and how it was driven.  Will some kid hot-rod the thing, redlining it, on a cold engine, or...?  The salesman says the drivers are professional and have delivered cars safely for years.  How do I know?  I asked about road damage (paint chips) from the drive and he said if there is any paint damage, they will take care of it.  Like what, an ugly paint blob on the paint?  The Fusion has a 1000 mile engine break-in and have concerns over that being violated.  The salesman said most new cars have less than 70 miles on them.  Is that normal and are you guys generally OK with a new car driven to your dealer? 

Phil

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   hermans

hermans

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,341 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2015 MKC - 2013 MKZh
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:35 AM

This is normal. In one such dealer trade my car had 117 miles on it as the car was brought from Los Angeles to San Diego.There is always some mileage on the car when it arrives to the dealer from the manufacture. From my experience the dealers hire older retired people to drive the cars between dealers.

Edited by hermans, 23 February 2015 - 06:37 AM.

2016 Edge Titanium

2015 Lincoln MKC

2013 MKZ Hybrid

"Your comment is in no way productive. Why don't you find something productive to say?" - hybridbear

#3 ONLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,526 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:45 AM

Ask them to transport it on a flat bed truck instead of driving it.  They will probably say no but it's worth asking.

New cars usually have less than 10 miles on them unless they were selected for extended quality testing.  In that case there would be less than 50 miles.

#4 OFFLINE   Griswald

Griswald

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 297 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:2014 Fusion SE Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:30 AM

You worry too much...

And there is no "break-in" mileage number. When they turn it over at the factory, its broken-in.

#5 OFFLINE   Cobra348

Cobra348

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 532 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Ruby Red wLight Stone Leather
  • My Hybrid's Year:2017

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:11 AM

I agree with what's been said so far.  Having had 4 new Fiestas since 2010 I can tell you the mileages are definitely under 10 except as noted already.  One of my cars had 22 because it was brought in from another dealer 13 miles away.  Don't sweat it so much and look forward to getting the car!  At least you'll have yours before I get mine!

Larry - aka Cobra

Big Red: 2017 FFH SE, Ruby Red, Med Light Stone leather

602A SE Luxury Package, Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control w/stop & go

Driver Assist Pkg (lane keeping, BLIS, auto high beams, rain-sensing wipers, heated steering wheel)

My additions:  WeatherTech lasercut floor mats, in-channel wind deflectors (dark smoked),

Steeda strut tower brace, Steeda rear sway bar, Steeda hood struts, Ford donut spare,

blacked out grille

Summer rims/tires - 17" Verde Regency rims with OEM tread

Winter rims/tires - 17" OEM rims with Goodyear UltraGrip WRT Ice

#6 OFFLINE   Waldo

Waldo

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:16 AM

I had my car brought over from a dealer over 300 miles away.  No big deal.  If you saw how the cars were driven at the factory, you'd never worry about this.

#7 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:49 AM

True to all above. The only way you will ever get a car with extremely low miles is if you order one, or grab it as it comes off the truck. Then you are looking at 3 miles. Dealers know that if they send a driver out who trashes a car, they are on the hook for repairs to it, so they send trustworthy drivers out.  You can always negotiate down a bit more on the miles, but dont worry too much about the miles unless they are over 500. 

• corncobs likes this
Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#8 ONLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,526 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:51 AM

My 2013 had 6 miles on it.  They don't have their own gas pump so they had to drive it to the nearest service station to fill the tank.

#9 OFFLINE   jeff_h

jeff_h

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,774 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 23 February 2015 - 12:56 PM

True to all above. The only way you will ever get a car with extremely low miles is if you order one, or grab it as it comes off the truck.

And maybe not even then -- I ordered my SE Hybrid and took a test drive of it when it came off the truck and before it went through PDI, had 36 miles on it (but no CD of Mexican music in the player, as observed by another who placed a Job 1 retail order). 

• hybridbear likes this

2013 Fusion Titanium Energi Deep Impact Blue

204627.png

#10 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:26 PM

I would still consider 36 very low miles, especially if some of those you put on yourself in a test drive. 

• jeff_h likes this
Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#11 OFFLINE   machoman1337

machoman1337

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 418 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • Current Vehicle:FFH SE Ice Storm/Lexus LS430

Posted 23 February 2015 - 02:02 PM

My parents once bought a brand new Acura MDX with over 60 km on it. Our local dealer in the south part of the city didn't have the exact color combination we wanted, but another dealer in North Vancouver had just what we were looking for, so an Acura employee just drove it down for us - a trip of more than 40 km. Our local dealer compensated with another $700 off the already-negotiated price, and we got a free cargo net and cargo cover too so it was worth it.

I wouldn't worry too much about the mileage unless it's in the high 3 figures - as long as they do the necessary "new car touch ups" before presenting it to you. 

My precious: 2013 Fusion Hybrid SE Ice Storm - Luxury Package (Dune), Navigation, Tech Package, Active Park Assist, Moonroof (ugh), 18" premium painted luxury wheels. Built in July 2012, bought CPO (former demonstrator) in May 2014. 6.3L/100 km lifetime fuel economy

Current temporary ride: 2003 Lexus LS430 w/navigation and parking sensors. Bought in December 2002, selling when I graduate

#12 OFFLINE   Easy Rider

Easy Rider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Titanium

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:37 PM

You worry too much...

And there is no "break-in" mileage number. When they turn it over at the factory, its broken-in.

What he said.

If you keep this up, you won't be able to properly enjoy your new car.

#13 OFFLINE   hermans

hermans

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,341 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2015 MKC - 2013 MKZh

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:01 PM

True to all above. The only way you will ever get a car with extremely low miles is if you order one, or grab it as it comes off the truck. Then you are looking at 3 miles. Dealers know that if they send a driver out who trashes a car, they are on the hook for repairs to it, so they send trustworthy drivers out.  You can always negotiate down a bit more on the miles, but dont worry too much about the miles unless they are over 500. 

My FFH had 36 miles on it when it came of the truck. Remember the famous trips to "off site" storage down in Mexico. I tracked my off site trips and there were three.

Edited by hermans, 24 February 2015 - 07:03 AM.

2016 Edge Titanium

2015 Lincoln MKC

2013 MKZ Hybrid

"Your comment is in no way productive. Why don't you find something productive to say?" - hybridbear

#14 OFFLINE   TonyHzNV

TonyHzNV

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 411 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE Hybrid

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:52 PM

When I bought my new FFH, it had 223 miles on it. I couldn't tell you if it was test driven that much, whether it went through extended testing at the factory, or whether it was driven to Vegas from another dealer in Tucson, AZ (it said "Sold To: Jim Click Ford Lincoln" on the original window sticker). I CAN tell you that it was no worse for the wear, drove and acted perfectly and I immediately fell in love with it. If I had it to do over I might have bought a Titanium, but I certainly don't regret buying the car that I bought. Like eveyone else said, don't worry about the miles. Just enjoy the car!

340661.png

2013 F-150 XLT Super Cab Ingot Silver Metallic/Gray Cloth, 302A, 5.0L V8, 7100# GVWR Pkg, Tailgate Step, Cloth Bucket Seats. Build Date: 01/25/13

2014 Fusion SE Hybrid, Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat/Charcoal Black Cloth, SE Appearance Pkg, Rear Spoiler, 18" Premium Sport Wheels, Tech/MFT Pkg, Rear View Camera, Reverse Sensing Sys, Adaptive Cruise Control, Nav System. Build Date: 11/25/13, Sync Version: 3.8 (w/nav)

Previous (Ford) Vehicles: 1995 Contour, 1999 Explorer Sport, 2002 Explorer XLS 4x4, 2003 Expedition XLT 4x4, 2007 F-150 XLT 4x4, 2007 Fusion SEL, 2012 Fusion SEL

"Do What You Can, For Who You Can, With What You Have, and What You Know"

#15 OFFLINE   md13ffhguy

md13ffhguy

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 747 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE Hybrid

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:28 PM

The paperwork I signed said that mine had something like 9 or 19 miles on it. The battery was dead when I chose it, so I never saw the actual odometer. Driving home in it, I notice the odometer is 70 something. I thought for a second to go back and say WT... Fudge. Three days later, it had 500+, so really, it didn't matter. A mere drop in the bucket. If all goes well, I'm putting 200K+ on this baby anyhow.

244968.png

#16 OFFLINE   02ultrarider

02ultrarider

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 4 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:06 AM

My wife and I drive for a dealer, and all the drivers we have met from other dealerships are all retired from another job, we are part time and on call. Some times cars get put on trailers but not often. sometimes we even fly to other cities to pick up a car. Most people don't want to wait months for a car to be ordered and delivered. I would not worry about how its driven.

• hybridbear and TonyHzNV like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·