Sign in to follow this  
davelohman

ACC

Hello, I've been researching hybrid vehicles for a few weeks now, and have decided that the Fusion offers the best value.

Unfortunately, none of the specific cars at my local dealer have Adaptive Cruise. The car I'm leaning toward is a 2014 SE and has the Driver Assist and technology packages. Does anyone know if ACC can be installed by the dealer?

Thanks

No, it is an integral part of the car. There are components under the front bumper, in the dash and elsewhere in the car tied into the main computer for the hybrid system. I know what its like trying to find the perfect car with exactly what you want and don't want, and finding one is a pain. Ordering was the best option for me, since what I wanted usually is only a fully loaded car with park assist, which I did not want. You can also get the exact color you want by ordering.

Don't know if you're familiar with Ford direct.com or not, but if not, check it out. You can build/price a car there or search inventory, so if there are other dealers in your area, you can check their inventory too. Also, once they start ordering the '16 models, they will show up in the dealer inventory too so you can see what they have on order. Once you select a vehicle, you can pull up the window sticker and see exactly what's on it. Good luck! ☺

Edited by TonyHzNV

Thanks for your quick replies.

The car I'm looking at is a 2014 CPO with 23k miles on it (was a rental). The sticker came to $33,520 so it's got just about everything else besides ACC and Nav. They're asking $22k so it seems like a good deal.

BTW, they have a couple new Hybrid SEs discounted by about $5k each. Any idea what that'sabout?

Thanks for your quick replies.

The car I'm looking at is a 2014 CPO with 23k miles on it (was a rental). The sticker came to $33,520 so it's got just about everything else besides ACC and Nav. They're asking $22k so it seems like a good deal.

BTW, they have a couple new Hybrid SEs discounted by about $5k each. Any idea what that'sabout?

How many miles on the SEs? Sometimes "new" cars might have 500+ miles which causes the reduced price. I'd maybe look at those rather than a used rental. Is the rental a Titanium or SE? Edited by hybridbear

Rental is an SE. Both new cars are also SEs. Web add shows the at 6 and 11 miles, so brand new. BTW, they also have a post rental Titanium, also about 22k miles. They're asking the same for it as the two new ones.

I'm attracted to the driver assist package on the used SE though. It's the only one of the four that has it.

Rental is an SE. Both new cars are also SEs. Web add shows the at 6 and 11 miles, so brand new. BTW, they also have a post rental Titanium, also about 22k miles. They're asking the same for it as the two new ones.

I'm attracted to the driver assist package on the used SE though. It's the only one of the four that has it.

The Driver Assist Pkg is pretty awesome!! We really like it.