ptjones

High Transmission Temperature

Here are the right numbers for the XGauge for Trans Fluid Temp for the ScanGaugeII Thanks to jdbob

TXD: 07E6221E1C

RXF: 0462051E061C

RXD: 3010

MTH: 000900500020

NAM: TFT

I have a few tests now and the results look to be within 10*F or better. I went 14miles on Fwy and TFT was 144*F, but cooler lines were only 82 and 85*F. I still don't think that is right, input line should be close to TFT. I will be going about 700mi. this weekend so I will have a chance to try it out.

:)

Paul

Some transmissions have a cooler bypass circuit to allow the transmission fluid to warm up without going to the cooler. Don't know if the Fusions have this, but it may explain the temperature difference.

When the car has been sitting overnight, is the coolant and transmission temperatures the same?

Edited by billford

No I haven't, I don't want to ruffle up anymore feelings. I'm embarrassed having the wrong TFT values, so I better know what I'm talking about before I bother them again. I have three Electric FORD Dealers about 25mi. away. I will probably need to go to one of them for my next problem. :)

Paul

Heading to an EV certified dealer for a second opinion is a great next step. Let me know when you choose a dealer you want to work with. :)

Meagan

So were your grill covers removed prior to your visit, or were you still using them?

I have 98Kmi on my CMAX now and the Trans has gone bad.

Just wondering, has the trans fluid level and condition ever been checked? The owners manual calls for 150,000 miles to replace the fluid. I think it should be earlier than that.

Checking the fluid is not easy, there is no dipstick. I drained some out of the drain plug, took a sample, still clean. I changed mine anyway, since it only takes about 5 quarts.

I bought a Scangauge mainly to monitor the transmission and engine coolant. I never seen the trans exceed 138F and when it reaches 138F it takes at least 2 hours of driving to get there.

I think that since your trans fluid temp was too high and the cooler lines were cold, maybe the trans filter was restricted, limiting pump volume/fluid flow, to the cooler. Filter restriction can come from fluid breakdown or metal contamination.

The filter cannot be replaced without disassembling the trans. That's why I think its important to keep the fluid clean and the 150,000 fluid change interval is too long. And 5 quarts of trans fluid does not cost that much. Its just time consuming and messy.

If the trans is replaced, make sure they also replace the cooler rather than flushing it.

Good luck.

SOP to backflush a trans cooler when replacing the transmission. If there is an issue in the trans that causes metal to grind up, it could be fine enough to clog the filter, but not be detected in the fluid itself. Over 95K miles this is quite a possibility.