Sign in to follow this  
hybridbear

2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid & Energi Models To Get $900 Price Cut & Eco Mode

When I was shopping for my FFH, I did look briefly at the Prius station wagon...BUT, it was a "station wagon", a style that does very little for me at a visceral level. :) Speaking of station wagons, most of the crossovers these days look to me basically like they are just high-rider station wagons.

i suspect the ECO mode will behave like the Prius, if you floor it, the acceleration will be the same. It merely changes the shape of the power curve versus pedal displacement.

A more practical use would be to be able to disable EV at highway speeds, except when coasting, or down grades.

I find mine does better at 55-60 when its all ICE with a full battery. I have tried it many many times on the same route with botht eh EV/ICE mix, and straight ICE, and the best MPG at that speed was with straight ICE.

If I drove that fast around here, I would have a stack of tickets and very high insurance rates. On the interstate though I do the limit or slightly above. The reference for turning EV off is for rural highways of 55. Thats where I found the ICE works best at without EV. 65+ just turn ACC on and let the car do its thing, 38-43 MPG at those speeds with 5 people in the car is what I have seen. In 50+ temps I regularly saw 47 or better when using all ICE at 55 MPH. This is also on undulating rolling hills and several stops. Once I hit city traffic, I used EV a lot more where I could capture energy when braking, and regen from ICE going up slight inclines. That usually put it above 50 MPG for those few short miles, so the overall average was 47 or better.

247074_803390706369732_70554682971009546

Good eye, hybridwannabe!

When I originally read that article posted by HB, I read it as all 2016 hybrid Fusion models would have lower prices than the 2015 models. But after your post, I went back and reread the article, and I think you are right that they were talking only about the base models, the 2016 FFH S and the 2016 FFE SE.

Well they always increase an option when they lower the base. In fact they did that on the 13 models mid production. Reduced base a bit, but increased the tech and Moonroof.