Sign in to follow this  
Darkside

Sony Amp wiring diagram?

I took a different approach for turning on the MS-8. I like to be able to listen to my radio after I turn off the car. I was not able to find the amp power on from the Sony Amp. I found there is a box that you can use to act as a 12V trigger for amps.... I started thinking that it might be just a relay. Then I found some info saying the MS-8 will turn on with as little as 6V. I put my DMM on one of the center channel outputs from the Sony and measured 9V. I gave it a try, and used the amp power on the MS-8 to the amps. Seems to be working, only issue might be that it keeps the MS-8 and amps on for a little longer. The radio and display appear to be off, but there still seems to be 9V for a while. I'll have to keep an eye on it and make sure it does not stay on too long. Dont want to come out to a dead battery....

Mine works exactly as stock, just sounds 100 times better. I can turn on Run power and listen to the radio and when you open the door it turns off just like it should with no popping, nothing. It works just like it originally did. I looked at the route you are using and even purchased a few signal converters (which I still have) but I discovered the run power fuse and that solved the issue I had.

I might need too for the run power fuse. I have noticed that the amps come on when I open the door or sometimes takes long time to shut off. It's not causing me any problems yet but I'll just use the proper one since this is coming on more often than I like. It will just be a pain to get behind the fuse box unless I can find another area to tap that circuit.

Get one of those add on fuse taps. That is what I used, unplug original fuse and plug into new holder along with the second fuse. No splicing required then.

Nice topic Darkside.

I got the regular audio system and I'm planning on changing the speakers. My question is: since we have ANC, is the speakers connectors any different than regulars speakers? Heard there's 4 wires instead of two.

FernMTL,

ANC has really nothing to do with the speakers. ANC is connected to those three mics in the ceiling.

There maybe 4 wires running to one speaker, or really one door. I cannot say for sure on yours since you have a different system, but on mine where I had four wires, the front doors I believe actually did have four wires, two for the woofer and two more for the tweeter, the back doors were a little different and maybe how your fronts are where there is four wires connected to the woofer, but two of them actually go from there to the tweeters and there is no separate (tweeter) wires from the head unit or amp. Clear as mud?

Darkside

FernMTL,

ANC has really nothing to do with the speakers. ANC is connected to those three mics in the ceiling.

There maybe 4 wires running to one speaker, or really one door. I cannot say for sure on yours since you have a different system, but on mine where I had four wires, the front doors I believe actually did have four wires, two for the woofer and two more for the tweeter, the back doors were a little different and maybe how your fronts are where there is four wires connected to the woofer, but two of them actually go from there to the tweeters and there is no separate (tweeter) wires from the head unit or amp. Clear as mud?

Darkside

Actually, the ANC has every thing to do with the speakers.

Copied from a Ford document.

Active Noise Control

What It Is

• A feature of the 2.0L Atkinson-cycle I-4 engine that helps reduce, or cancel, low frequency noise produced by the engine due to vibration at low rpms (1000-1500 rpm), such as when at idle or in gear

How It Works

• Microphones in the vehicle interior headliner detect and measure the amplitude and phase of the engine noise sound waves

• This information is relayed to the active noise cancellation module

• The module takes into account engine speed to calculate the target frequency that needs to be cancelled, targeting only unwanted engine noise and not other noise inside the cabin such as the audio system or passenger conversations

• The module then uses this information to generate a sound wave that has the same amplitude as the engine noise but reverses it

• The reversed sound wave is directed through the audio system speakers and combines with the original engine sound wave to cancel each other out

Key Benefit

• Reduced interior engine noise resulting in a quiet cabin

Edited by gkinla

He asked if the speaker wires had anything to do with ANC, the speaker wires have nothing to do with ANC, do the speakers affect your ANC? I would assume based on ohms, freq response and watts, yes. Other than that NO.

I asked this before but nobody answered. ANC in a perfect world may work wonders, but what about when your perfect world has the windows rolled down, how does ANC know the difference between an inside sound and outside? There are no mics on the outside of the vehicle. I prefer "Clean" sounding music rather then a signal that is getting injected with sounds to remove perceived unwanted noise. I used to get strange cutouts where the sound was totally lost and then static sound from my passenger speaker, since removing ANC it hasn't happened.

Also have you ever had two sound sources playing through the same set of speakers? You do with ANC, give it a shot on your computer and see how it sounds? Music is sound, ANC is injecting sound no matter what, it is a frequency being generated and added to your music playing.

Here are the Sony Audio wiring diagrams from the 2014 Service Information DVD. They are definitely for the 2014 Fusion/MKZ Hybrids. There are also diagrams (4) for "THX Audio". Let me know if you need those too.

Hello, can you post again these schematics? they are not opening...

Darkside, great thread man, it has really helped me get a grasp on how to install my new sub and amp. One question though, maybe I missed it but where did you ground you JL amp?

Thanks

Edited by Intensesense

I believe I grounded directly to my second battery. If you are not using a second battery then try to use the body as your ground.

Here are the Sony Audio wiring diagrams from the 2014 Service Information DVD. They are definitely for the 2014 Fusion/MKZ Hybrids. There are also diagrams (4) for "THX Audio". Let me know if you need those too.

I cant access the files

They were posted over 4 years ago. They probably were deleted years ago.