Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Sony Amp wiring diagram?

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   TonyHzNV

TonyHzNV

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 411 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 21 March 2015 - 03:03 PM

I do have the push button start. I didn't know you could even get a keyed version?

Anyway, sorry I missed where you asked me what type I have.

Tony PLEASE post the "Push Button Start" flow chart as you did with the keyed version.

1) It is standard on the HyTi's, but could possibly be deleted on request?

2) I sent you a PM. You should have seen a little red envelope at the top of the page to the left of your name.

3) I'll post the PB start diagram when I get home later, but it's not really gonna show you anything like the key version already posted. It doesn't show like Run/Start, Run/Acc, etc. You'll see. I would recommend that you either tap into the fuses for equipment that you eliminated or make use of some of those "not used" fuses. I don't know how many amps you need but something in there is bound to work for you.

340661.png

2013 F-150 XLT Super Cab Ingot Silver Metallic/Gray Cloth, 302A, 5.0L V8, 7100# GVWR Pkg, Tailgate Step, Cloth Bucket Seats. Build Date: 01/25/13

2014 Fusion SE Hybrid, Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat/Charcoal Black Cloth, SE Appearance Pkg, Rear Spoiler, 18" Premium Sport Wheels, Tech/MFT Pkg, Rear View Camera, Reverse Sensing Sys, Adaptive Cruise Control, Nav System. Build Date: 11/25/13, Sync Version: 3.8 (w/nav)

Previous (Ford) Vehicles: 1995 Contour, 1999 Explorer Sport, 2002 Explorer XLS 4x4, 2003 Expedition XLT 4x4, 2007 F-150 XLT 4x4, 2007 Fusion SEL, 2012 Fusion SEL

"Do What You Can, For Who You Can, With What You Have, and What You Know"

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   TonyHzNV

TonyHzNV

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 411 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:09 PM

OK, Darkside, here's your push-button start diagram. I don't think it's going to be much help, but maybe you know something I don't! Good luck. Sorry it's so late. Got busy.

Attached Files

340661.png

2013 F-150 XLT Super Cab Ingot Silver Metallic/Gray Cloth, 302A, 5.0L V8, 7100# GVWR Pkg, Tailgate Step, Cloth Bucket Seats. Build Date: 01/25/13

2014 Fusion SE Hybrid, Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat/Charcoal Black Cloth, SE Appearance Pkg, Rear Spoiler, 18" Premium Sport Wheels, Tech/MFT Pkg, Rear View Camera, Reverse Sensing Sys, Adaptive Cruise Control, Nav System. Build Date: 11/25/13, Sync Version: 3.8 (w/nav)

Previous (Ford) Vehicles: 1995 Contour, 1999 Explorer Sport, 2002 Explorer XLS 4x4, 2003 Expedition XLT 4x4, 2007 F-150 XLT 4x4, 2007 Fusion SEL, 2012 Fusion SEL

#43 OFFLINE   Darkside

Darkside

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 89 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:59 PM

Thanks again Tony,  You weren't kidding when you said it wouldn't be much use.  Thanks for posting it though.  For those of you that are adding any kind of amps and need to disconnect the ANC, don't bother pulling your headliners down and possibly damage them, just pull the cover on the right rear in your trunk and the little box that looks like an amp (not the THX guys you actually may have three boxes back there) it is the one I asked Tony about.  All you have to do is unplug it there.  No ANC.

Recall I said I would have more room than others after adding all this stuff, how is that possible?  Take a look.  https://onedrive.liv...thint=photo,JPG  I have more clearence than I did before.

Edited by Darkside, 22 March 2015 - 08:04 PM.

• helminator likes this

#44 OFFLINE   Darkside

Darkside

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 05:11 PM

Interested in where I put a second battery that actually runs these two extra amps?  Take a look https://onedrive.liv...thint=photo,JPG  Wanna know how I am keeping it charged? Not the plug in charger in the last pic but from the low voltage battery?  Take a look...https://onedrive.liv...thint=photo,JPG   What is it going to look like when I am done?  Take a look. https://onedrive.liv...thint=photo,JPG  and the blue light you see in the next pic glowing is the low voltage battery saying it is charged and now is charging my added amp battery.  I just used my trickle charger to verify that it actually would charge the second battery as I planned.  Here it is. https://onedrive.liv...thint=photo,JPG  and the sub control and JBL display's home. https://onedrive.liv...thint=photo,JPG

I'll show you the other side with ALL the amps when I get done.  So you can see that the only thing you'll "see" is the two controls I added. 

Edited by Darkside, 22 March 2015 - 06:01 PM.

• GrySql likes this

#45 OFFLINE   Darkside

Darkside

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:04 PM

Oh and I can also use that second battery to jump start my vehicle in the off chance that the main low voltage battery goes dead.  The battery doctor will disconnect itself when the main battery voltage drops.  Added bonus....

Other random thoughts.  Our Sony amp that mine came with has 18 gauge wires powering it, so it doesn't take much power and it also doesn't put out much power and why they ran two 18 gauge wires each for power and ground when power is going to follow the path of least resistance and both these connections are supplied by one common power up stream and then split off.  Makes no sense to me. 

Edited by Darkside, 22 March 2015 - 06:12 PM.

#46 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Yes
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:27 PM

Darkside, that is amazing work, cudos. 

The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#47 OFFLINE   md13ffhguy

md13ffhguy

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 745 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:37 PM

Yes, impressive engineering job!

244968.png

#48 OFFLINE   TonyHzNV

TonyHzNV

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 411 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:56 PM

Darkside, that is amazing work, cudos. 

Yup, yup, what he said!

Yes, impressive engineering job!

AND what he said too!

Smokin' job, man! Hope you find where to hook up your sparks!

340661.png

#49 OFFLINE   Darkside

Darkside

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:35 PM

Thanks guys.  I am pretty pleased with the hidden install myself.  Out tuning the system tonight and noticed I had a rattle when I turned it up and I am like really a dang rattle after all this work..... LOL sunglasses in the overhead storage......

I have to admit at first I wasn't too pleased with the sound, but now I got her dialed in allot better and now it is way better then stock, wow.  I walked in the house from the garage and told the wife I got that thing rock'n now...She said I know I could hear it in here.  Just need to get rid of that thump when she turns off and that fix should arrive tomorrow :-) 

Edited by Darkside, 24 March 2015 - 07:25 PM.

• TonyHzNV likes this

#50 OFFLINE   Darkside

Darkside

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:38 PM

So I got rid of the turn off pop.  Using a delayed power fuse for the amp turn on (Not the amp enable as others have found).  So far of course I have lost the ability to listen to music without using accessory mode.  I haven't given up yet though.  I also noticed using the amp enabler wire at first that the amp could just power up from opening the trunk or door without turning on the radio. 

#51 OFFLINE   Darkside

Darkside

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:30 PM

More pics for you.  Not much can be done with a rat nest of wires, my amps and wires here but you can't see them anyways once it is back together here.  For those of you looking to acces the fuse box on drivers side the panel does fold down here although it is still a pain to get at the fuses because my arm pretty covered the opening so you couldn't see what you were doing anyways here.

This setup sounds amazing, still considering adding the center channel just cannot decide if it would be worth another $500 to do it.  If any of you fellow hybrid guys want to check it out let me know.  I live in Anoka, MN.  PM me and bring beer ;)

#52 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Yes

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:09 PM

Wow...!  :drop:

The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#53 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:38 PM

More pics for you.  Not much can be done with a rat nest of wires, my amps and wires here but you can't see them anyways once it is back together here.  For those of you looking to acces the fuse box on drivers side the panel does fold down here although it is still a pain to get at the fuses because my arm pretty covered the opening so you couldn't see what you were doing anyways here.

This setup sounds amazing, still considering adding the center channel just cannot decide if it would be worth another $500 to do it.  If any of you fellow hybrid guys want to check it out let me know.  I live in Anoka, MN.  PM me and bring beer ;)

I'll watch for you on the road... We're in Edina.

Edited by hybridbear, 07 April 2015 - 05:38 PM.

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#54 OFFLINE   helminator

helminator

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2014 titanium

Posted 11 April 2015 - 06:21 PM

Question about the ANC. In the wiring diagram it shows that if I were to unplug the harness, I would also be unplugging a signal to speakers also? I just want to disconnect the ANC system. Any help would be appreciated.

#55 OFFLINE   Darkside

Darkside

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:33 AM

Nope no speakers come out of the ANC. Trust me I have mine completely disconected. I cannot say whether or not it would help you guys but I didn't want it causing feedback or messing with my signal to the ms-8.

#56 OFFLINE   Darkside

Darkside

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:58 PM

So I bit the bullet and went ahead and ordered another amp and center speakers.  I had hooked up the original centers just to see what it sounded like and I actually liked the surround sound music I had going on.

Looking at my previous photos it is pretty easy to see I was running out of spaces to add anything so I completely removed my ANC box and replaced it with a new little two channel amp. 

I'll say this about the original speakers, although they really aren't that bad, what a cluster @#$% of OHM's.  My system is now entirely 4 ohms.  The original door speakers are all 4 ohm, the rear parcel subs are 2.3 ohm and the center speakers are both 8 ohm.  Strange.  I have to re-tune the new setup but I have it all installed and half the car still torn apart....

#57 OFFLINE   Daniel Rye

Daniel Rye

• Hybrid Facebook Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:55 PM

Can i connect an amp to the battery in the trunk? or do i have to run it all the way upfront??

#58 OFFLINE   Darkside

Darkside

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:07 AM

Connect it to the low voltage 12v battery in the rear.  The battery even has a 120 amp fused connector on it right next to the main connector.  I have an image of it in this thread.

#59 OFFLINE   Darkside

Darkside

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:05 AM

So before this car I would have agreed that stereo is for music and surround sound for movies, not anymore.  I now only run surround sound from the JBL and it is the best music sound I have ever heard.  I had my boss at work who I know likes the old rock bands take a seat in my car and listen to a song.  I didn't think he was going to get back out of my car...... When he finally gets out he says to me "That is the cleanest sounding car audio I have ever heard".  I said, "Thanks", and he says "no, I mean it that is the best sounding system I have ever heard".  Then he wanted to know where I had it installed?  He couldn't believe I had put this together and that was without seeing all the work behind the scenes.  Waiting for one of my fellow Fusion owners to have a listen so I can stop bragging on my own.....lol 

• GrySql and corncobs like this

#60 OFFLINE   TiFusion

TiFusion

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 11 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Energi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:50 PM

Thanks again Tony,  You weren't kidding when you said it wouldn't be much use.  Thanks for posting it though.  For those of you that are adding any kind of amps and need to disconnect the ANC, don't bother pulling your headliners down and possibly damage them, just pull the cover on the right rear in your trunk and the little box that looks like an amp (not the THX guys you actually may have three boxes back there) it is the one I asked Tony about.  All you have to do is unplug it there.  No ANC.

Recall I said I would have more room than others after adding all this stuff, how is that possible?  Take a look.  https://onedrive.liv...thint=photo,JPG  I have more clearence than I did before.

Hi Darkside.  Your install looks great and thanks for all the information.  Wish I could swing over with some beers and check out your system.  Have you run into any problems leaving the ACN mics disconnected?  

I'm looking to do some changes to my system and would like to use the ACN for times I want a nice quiet ride without the stereo blasting.  Looking at the wiring diagrams looks like the plug you removed has 8 wires, 6 are for the mic's and 2 for the CAN BUS. Looking at the 16 wire plug I see that there is also power and ground.  I'm thinking about putting a relay on that so instead of disconnecting the mic I can turn ACN on and off.  Would have been nice if they just gave us that option in the first place.  Before finding your post I just disconnected both plugs to disable the ACN, I noticed that the ACN caused issues with bass in the factory system, (I have the Sony).  I noticed sometime if you turned up the volume the bass would drop significantly at times.  I think it was due to ACN thinking it was "noise"  I found after disconnecting ACN the bass volume loss stopped occurring. I've picked up a Ford Sony amp and toying with the idea of gutting out the spare amp and placing a bunch of relays in there to switch from aftermarket ampified system and back to stock Sony Amp with ACN.  This will also allow me to do all the modifications without cutting up all the wires.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·