Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Sony Amp wiring diagram?

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Darkside

Darkside

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 86 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:20 PM

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the Sony 12 speaker Amp?  I am planning on doing some improvements and it would certainly help to have all the pin outs.  I have searched and I find images here and there but I'm not 100% sure it is for a 2014 Fusion Hybrid.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Darkside

Edited by Darkside, 13 February 2015 - 12:22 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Darkside

Darkside

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:51 PM

It certainly would help to have this info.  I just ordered all the replacement stuff (not the head unit) and I will try and do a nice write up with pics.  Sure would help having that wiring info.  I have found a Ford Focus Sony 12 speaker system diagram that I am hoping is the same as ours?

#3 OFFLINE   TonyHzNV

TonyHzNV

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 411 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE Hybrid

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:49 PM

Here are the Sony Audio wiring diagrams from the 2014 Service Information DVD. They are definitely for the 2014 Fusion/MKZ Hybrids. There are also diagrams (4) for "THX Audio". Let me know if you need those too.

Attached Files

340661.png

2013 F-150 XLT Super Cab Ingot Silver Metallic/Gray Cloth, 302A, 5.0L V8, 7100# GVWR Pkg, Tailgate Step, Cloth Bucket Seats. Build Date: 01/25/13

2014 Fusion SE Hybrid, Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat/Charcoal Black Cloth, SE Appearance Pkg, Rear Spoiler, 18" Premium Sport Wheels, Tech/MFT Pkg, Rear View Camera, Reverse Sensing Sys, Adaptive Cruise Control, Nav System. Build Date: 11/25/13, Sync Version: 3.8 (w/nav)

Previous (Ford) Vehicles: 1995 Contour, 1999 Explorer Sport, 2002 Explorer XLS 4x4, 2003 Expedition XLT 4x4, 2007 F-150 XLT 4x4, 2007 Fusion SEL, 2012 Fusion SEL

"Do What You Can, For Who You Can, With What You Have, and What You Know"

#4 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Yes
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:36 PM

Tony,

I looked at my 2013 wiring also but I only see 10 speakers, not 12, what am I missing?

The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#5 OFFLINE   SteveB_TX

SteveB_TX

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 933 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Our stable: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE, 2013 Ford F-150 XLT Ecoboost Super Crew
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:05 PM

Tony,

I looked at my 2013 wiring also but I only see 10 speakers, not 12, what am I missing?

2 speakers.  Duh!  ;)

• hybridbear, corncobs and gkinla like this

White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat

Light Dune Leather interior

All of the bells and whistles (without that silly panoramic roof).

#6 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Yes
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:49 PM

I asked for that.

Luv ya Steve...  :doh:

• hybridbear, corncobs, gkinla and 1 other like this
The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#7 OFFLINE   TonyHzNV

TonyHzNV

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 411 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:24 AM

Tony,

Hey, GS! Like Steve said, 2 speakers! LOL! I really don't know exactly what to think either. Those are the only wiring diagrams I found for the Sony Audio for the 2014 MY and like you, I counted only 10 speakers. One possibility is though, (I have no proof), is that the front center and rear center speakers actually consist of 2 physical speakers each with one connection, kind of like the front center channel on a normal surround sound setup for home theater systems. Since I don't have a Titanium/Sony system, I can't prove it, but I think it's likely. The other possibility would be the subs, since there are also 2 of them, but I'm inclined more toward the front and rear centers. Can anyone with a HyTi/Sony verify that?

I went back and looked at the wiring diagrams for THX Audio, but that system has 14 speakers shown in the diagram. I looked through the Fusion order guide and stuff, but didn't see that option anywhere, so it's probably only on the MKZ though it doesn't specify on the print. Can someone verify that as well? Notice on the THX system, the front center consists of 1 tweeter and 2 mid-range speakers and each one is individually wired. 

Update: I went back looking through the component location views and found that the two Rear (Door) Tweeters are missing from the wiring diagram, why, I don't know. At the speaker end, the right rear door tweeter connects to connector #C830. The left rear door tweeter connects to #C730. That makes 12 speakers; 4 ea door speakers, 4 ea door tweeters, 2 ea subs, and 1 center instrument panel speaker, and 1 center rear shelf speaker. Maybe there's an updated wiring diagram floating around somewhere?

Will have to do a little more research but not tonight. Gotta hit the hay.

Attached Files

Edited by TonyHzNV, 25 February 2015 - 01:55 AM.

340661.png

2013 F-150 XLT Super Cab Ingot Silver Metallic/Gray Cloth, 302A, 5.0L V8, 7100# GVWR Pkg, Tailgate Step, Cloth Bucket Seats. Build Date: 01/25/13

2014 Fusion SE Hybrid, Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat/Charcoal Black Cloth, SE Appearance Pkg, Rear Spoiler, 18" Premium Sport Wheels, Tech/MFT Pkg, Rear View Camera, Reverse Sensing Sys, Adaptive Cruise Control, Nav System. Build Date: 11/25/13, Sync Version: 3.8 (w/nav)

Previous (Ford) Vehicles: 1995 Contour, 1999 Explorer Sport, 2002 Explorer XLS 4x4, 2003 Expedition XLT 4x4, 2007 F-150 XLT 4x4, 2007 Fusion SEL, 2012 Fusion SEL

#8 OFFLINE   TonyHzNV

TonyHzNV

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 411 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:26 PM

Sorry, Darkside, those are the only Sony Audio diagrams I could find. If you currently have an SE Hybrid, you're going to have "fun" trying to do that project anyway. You're going to be missing some wiring and connectors and, you won't have a place to put the center front speaker as there is no cutout in the dash for it. The cutouts for the 2 subs and rear center speaker are there, but no wiring there either. In the SE, the door tweeters (4) are piggy backed off the the 4 main door speakers. With Sony Audio, they are individually wired.  Looks like the Sony option uses a different audio digital signal processing module than the standard SE. Good luck with your project. I don't think I'd want to attempt that. I'd rather just buy a Titanium!  :)

Edited by TonyHzNV, 25 February 2015 - 09:30 PM.

340661.png

#9 OFFLINE   acdii

acdii

Fusion Hybrid Legal Resident

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 8,174 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2013 HyTi, 2013 Flex EbTi
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:21 PM

This is why I opted for the HyTi as I didn't want to futz around on an SE trying to add components and wiring, and possibly damage MFT. 

Drive Smarter, Not Faster

Posted Image
https://www.facebook.../12595DesertRat

#10 OFFLINE   Darkside

Darkside

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:37 AM

First THANK YOU for your efforts.  I will look through these when I get home tonight.  I DO have the Titanium Hybrid with the full blown Sony 12 speaker system and I tried to be satisfied with it, I really did. 

I have ordered everything that I believe I will need and am waiting on delivery.  I will provide details and images once I have the equipment. 

• Shawnb2 likes this

#11 OFFLINE   Darkside

Darkside

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:12 PM

Do I have to post pics on another website and link them here?  Looks like the only option to post an image is linking to another URL?

#12 OFFLINE   TonyHzNV

TonyHzNV

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 411 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:09 PM

That's probably the better option, but if it's only one or two, click on "More Reply Options" next to the "Post" button and then you can attach files. If it's a pic, a thumbnail will show in the post that will enlarge when clicked on.

• GrySql likes this

340661.png

#13 OFFLINE   Shawnb2

Shawnb2

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 4 posts
  • Current Vehicle:ford Fusion Energi Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:10 PM

First THANK YOU for your efforts.  I will look through these when I get home tonight.  I DO have the Titanium Hybrid with the full blown Sony 12 speaker system and I tried to be satisfied with it, I really did. 
I have ordered everything that I believe I will need and am waiting on delivery.  I will provide details and images once I have the equipment.

Please tag me in whatever it is that you find out please. I'm curious too as to what all you're installing. I haven't even purchased my car yet (later this month) but already know I want to do some aftermarket audio. Something similar to what I have in my Prius should work quite nicely. Thanks again in advance.

#14 OFFLINE   Darkside

Darkside

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:29 PM

Ok I brought my fusion in for oil change and tire rotation which I would normally do myself but with snow on the ground and having to leave my garage door open because of how low it is and I let them do it, also had them check the audio system. I lost sound on passenger side when it was really cold and now they rattle in front at the right frequency. They didn't find a problem which I expected but they did have an update for the DSP. They just got done with that and I have been waiting almost 3 hours. Normally I would not be happy. I took this opportunity to see if I could get info on wiring, started off they couldn't help me (service department)
So I went to parts and asked him what he could find and he couldn't find any information or wasn't sure. So he takes me in back to the service manual area and guess what we found? The factory electrical diagrams for 2014 fusion hybrid ....... woo hoo
I have been taking pics and pics and now I have all the info I need. I'm a happy camper. Stay tuned.
  • acdii likes this

#15 OFFLINE   TonyHzNV

TonyHzNV

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 411 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:44 PM

So he takes me in back to the service manual area and guess what we found? The factory electrical diagrams for 2014 fusion hybrid ....... woo hoo. I have been taking pics and pics and now I have all the info I need. I'm a happy camper. Stay tuned.

If they are different than the ones I uploaded, there must be an update because mine came from the service manual as well (on DVD). You sure all twelve speakers are shown? In mine, the two rear door tweeters were missing. Just wondering. Thanks.

340661.png

#16 OFFLINE   Darkside

Darkside

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:52 PM

I have to verify and I'll post images when I can. I'm still at the dealer. There are the two different systems you posted and I'm willing to bet the THX system is for the mkz. The rear door tweets are probably not showing because they are wired together not separate like the front. I already gave the manual back (wasn't easy). Look at your rear door wiring diagram and you should see it.

#17 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,463 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:18 PM

You can purchase your own wiring diagram manual for the whole car at

http://www.helminc.com

#18 OFFLINE   TonyHzNV

TonyHzNV

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 411 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 01:37 PM

In all the other diagrams if the tweeters are piggy backed off the main speakers it shows them that way. For the Sony setup they don't show at the mdodule or the door. Everything else is wired individually per the drawing. Don't see why the rear tweets would be the only ones that aren't. Yes the THX is MKZ only. Know that now. I bought the whole service manual DVD on eBay for $9.95 with wiring diagrams.

Edited by TonyHzNV, 03 March 2015 - 01:43 PM.

340661.png

#19 OFFLINE   Automate

Automate

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 102 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2010

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:41 PM

I bought the whole service manual DVD on eBay for $9.95 with wiring diagrams.

Is it one from seller wiibayauctions?   That's a great price but their descriptions don't say they are official Ford manuals.  

#20 OFFLINE   TonyHzNV

TonyHzNV

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 411 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:05 PM

Is it one from seller wiibayauctions?   That's a great price but their descriptions don't say they are official Ford manuals.  

Yes, from those guys. They ARE official Ford (DVD) manuals. I was wondering about that too, but I took a chance for that price and it worked out. You have to play a little trick on the DVD for it not to think it's expired, but it's not a big deal to work around. Your options are on the installation instruction sheet. I used the "RunAsDate" option (at the bottom of the sheet) and it works great. You will have to download the Adobe SVG viewer to see the wiring diagrams though. The one that came on the disc didn't work. I think I got it here: http://www.freewaref...gram_22766.html and I installed it on Win7.

Edited by TonyHzNV, 03 March 2015 - 05:06 PM.

• Automate likes this

340661.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·