LEM

Battery dead due to inactivity?

Probably isn't the remote, but rather the 12V battery.... if you want me to stop over with a set of jumper cables on Thursday, send me an email.

If the battery is low to start with, it takes much more than 10 minutes run time to recharge it. Minimum 30 minutes charge time is needed. By remote starting it, as Easy pointed out, if its cold out, the seat heaters(if equipped) are on, the defrost is one, so 12v is being drawn, the DC/DC is supplying energy for that plus charge the battery.

So in a way it could be counter productive, and may have been better off just letting the car set.

If you have the RS setup to heat or cool that is the drain that would kill the battery over time. If you turn everything off though, then it "might" work. I still feel you need a minimum of 30 minutes to peak the battery.

The 10 minute runs only kept tht HVB up. They should have been 30 minutes or more to do the 12 vdc. The owners guide mentions this. If there are any glitches after you have fully charged the 12 vdc, replace it as it has probably been damaged. A damaged 12 vdc battery can cause a myriad list of problems even when it tests OK. The best remedy is to replace it.

Hey GrySql, I was thinking we should pin a post with the new battery part number in the appropriate forum, since I had a helluva time finding the new part number via a forum search, due to needing more than 3 characters in each search term on this IP.Board.

This is what has been previously posted as the new 12V battery part number for the 2013-2015 FFH, BXT-99RT4.

...I'm still on travel so I can't really check what's going on...

I love seeing everyone being so nice and helpful!

When you get back from traveling, I recommend heading to your dealer to have a diagnostic. Let me know what you find out. :)

Meagan

Hey GrySql, I was thinking we should pin a post with the new battery part number in the appropriate forum, since I had a helluva time finding the new part number via a forum search, due to needing more than 3 characters in each search term on this IP.

Or maybe we could generalize that to have a pinned post where we document the errors and omissions in the Owner's Manual? There have been many discussed in various threads. Here are a couple of omissions off the top of my head:

• No mention of the trunk release button
  • No spare tire installation instructions (many of us have purchased spare tires). We could include a printable document (from the gas Fusion OM) that we can insert in our OMs. Long ago GrySql made this excellent sugestion.

There are many errors the Forum has stumbled into with the incorrect battery part number being one example.

Maybe this might help inspire Ford to fix the errors/omissions.