Sign in to follow this  
TonyHzNV

2017 Fusion Article/Spy Photos

I ran across an article (and photo gallery) about the 2016 model year Fusion. Since this is not hybrid specific, I decided to put it here to avoid posting in the wrong section. Just thought some of you might be interested in what's coming. Big changes inside, looks like not so much outside. 2016s should have Sync 3. Here are a couple pics from the mag. Link to article: http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2016-ford-fusion-spy-photos-news?desktop=1 Note the flat top dash and rotating knob gear selector. Link to the photo gallery is at the bottom of the article. Enjoy!

post-13711-0-79275800-1422728151_thumb.jpg

post-13711-0-42054300-1422728246_thumb.jpg

post-13711-0-14083000-1422728265_thumb.jpg

post-13711-0-84196700-1422728278_thumb.jpg

Edited by TonyHzNV

I like that center stack. Wonder if it has the Sony system or something equal to it in that version. I noticed the cooled seats, so would be top line trim.

The round gear shifter is unusual.

yeah, there is speculation about a 9 speed transmission that GM & Ford developed jointly because of the rotating shifter...

I like that center stack. Wonder if it has the Sony system or something equal to it in that version. I noticed the cooled seats, so would be top line trim.

The prototype supposedly has our beloved () MFT/Microsoft system, but hopefully QNX/Sync 3 will be in the 16's. Might be late production 16's though since I found out in the BOF FordFusionForum.com that model year 2016 Job1 is scheduled for 06 Apr 15

Edited by TonyHzNV

With all of the squeaks and rattles I've had in the 2013 Fusion and now the 2014, i don't see myself getting another one when I get another new car. I think Ford needs to focus on the fit and finish workmanship. They have a lot of bang for the buck when it comes to bells and whistles, but the quality just isn't there yet.

With all of the squeaks and rattles I've had in the 2013 Fusion and now the 2014

... and not a one on my early 2013...

Edit: I looked it up, it was a Friday, 11/12/12 car.

Edited by GrySql

LOL! I have a (MY 14) Monday car and I haven't heard any squeaks or rattles in the 7 months I've owned her. This is the 10th Ford and 3rd Fusion I have bought in the last 20 years and I haven't had any major problems with any of them. Maybe I'm just lucky?! My F-150 is a Friday truck!

Edited by TonyHzNV

... and not a one on my early 2013... I must have got a Wednesday car.

I had a small rattle on the 2013 (built on a Tuesday), dealer removed and reinstalled the silver rectangular ring around the center stack, didn't fix it. I ended up taking a small shim and putting it near that area (was not visible) and all was well.

Energis were built on a Wednesday and a Friday, no rattles with either and hers currently has 31k and mine 41k.

But as for the subject of this thread - I'm not a fan of what I see in those pics, I liked the two knobs in the 2013 FFH SE but not the cyclops volume control of the Titanium... but like the 4 knobs less than that.

But on the good side, I don't see the fuel door release button in the same place where my wife's purse rests on it and pops the lid and makes me get out to close it back again. I am pretty sick of that, think that's an awful place for any buttons.

Our cars were really built on all days of the week. The engine was built/assembled on a different day in a different manufacturing plant and same for the transmission. The entire dashboard assembly (a frequent source of squeaks/rattles) was assembled on a different day in a different manufacturing plant. The same is true for the brake systems, fuel systems, battery systems and on and on. The manufacturing date of your FFH is simply the day that all of these pre-assembled subsystems were bolted together.

Edited by Texasota

Our cars were really built on all days of the week. The engine was built/assembled on a different day in a different manufacturing plant and same for the transmission. The entire dashboard assembly (a frequent source of squeaks/rattles) was assembled on a different day in a different manufacturing plant. The same is true for the brake systems, fuel systems, battery systems and on and on. The manufacturing date of your FFH is simply the day that all of these pre-assembled subsystems were bolted together.

So true. That is why it's called the Planta de Estampado y Ensamble de Hermosillo and takes less than 2 days to put a car together.

ls.jpg

Just to get back on topic. I absolutely love the current center stack layout and we can debate about touch vs. real buttons all day long. So like it some don't...but the overall cleanness is really awesome.

What I don't like about the new design is the recess for the touch screen. Right now it's nice and flush very easy to push the home or hybrid screen button with the finger at 45* angle. My wife's Explorer has a similar recess and you always have touch with you finger at 90* to the screen.

If (like most women) you have slightly longer fingernails it's really hard to hit this low laying buttons with your fingertip.

Besides that it's almost a dust collector that's never easy to clean.

The Camry I used to have had more squeaks and rattles then either of my fusions.

The rotating shifter reminds me of the new Chrysler 200, and current Jaguars/Range Rovers. I get that it saves space, but personally I prefer conventional shifters. Just feels much cooler.

The cover for the cupholders is certainly appreciated.

Sync 3 is powered by QNX which is owned by BlackBerry - Canadian pride! It'll even have a capacitive touch screen that will feel like a smartphone/tablet (aka we finally get pinch to zoom).

I definitely appreciate the physical buttons too. The European Mondeo has them. Tactile feedback is always much better.

But as for the subject of this thread - I'm not a fan of what I see in those pics, I liked the two knobs in the 2013 FFH SE but not the cyclops volume control of the Titanium... but like the 4 knobs less than that.

The media/climate control layout you're referring to is reminiscent of my 13 F-150. See pics. I guess I've just gotten used to the knobs. I don't mind them so much. I agree with you on the Sony system volume control though. It's just way too big!

post-13711-0-51522700-1422844523_thumb.jpg

post-13711-0-94536800-1422844523_thumb.jpg

Edited by TonyHzNV

Since no one has said anything about the car's exterior, I am posting a few pictures of the (camouflaged) 2016 Fusion that was spied. Notice the absence of the rear quarter windows and perhaps a smaller front grille. Hard to tell. Comments? And since we're talking about the 16 model, this info from the BOF fordfusionforum:

2016 Fusion Production Dates

2015 Final Orders Due: 22 Jan 15

2016 Order Bank Opens: 02 Feb 15

2016 Plant Scheduling: 26 Feb 15

JOB1: 06 April 15

post-13711-0-25508400-1422852347_thumb.jpg

post-13711-0-86997600-1422852347_thumb.jpg

post-13711-0-38938700-1422852348_thumb.jpg

post-13711-0-88541700-1422852348_thumb.jpg

Edited by TonyHzNV

I don't think the rear quarter windows are absent. I just think tbey are covered by the camouflage covering.

Since no one has said anything about the car's exterior, I am posting a few pictures of the (camouflaged) 2016 Fusion that was spied. Notice the absence of the rear quarter windows and perhaps a smaller front grille. Hard to tell. Comments? And since we're talking about the 16 model, this info from the BOF fordfusionforum:

Actually what we are talking about is the 2017 model. The 2016 order guide is already published and there are just a few minor changes.

I'm thinking TonyHzNV meant to say the FRONT quarters are gone, not the REAR. At least that's my story, etc etc. ;)

I'm thinking TonyHzNV meant to say the FRONT quarters are gone, not the REAR. At least that's my story, etc etc. ;)

Ah yes, that does indeed seem to be the case.

Oops! Yep, I got my fronts & rears cornfused! :) Hey Waldo, so is Sync 3 gonna be in 16's or wait til 17?

P.S. Car & Driver said it's a '16 and I just believed them!

Edited by TonyHzNV

Didn't we decide a while back that this is actually the new Taurus and not the Fusion? The article is from August.

I suppose that could be. I didn't join the Forum until mid-December and I haven't read EVERYTHING that's been discussed, but I'm trying! It's just taking a while! :) Sure looks like a Fusion to me though, and Car & Driver did say it was a Fusion.

Edited by TonyHzNV

BTW, the car in those spy photos seems to be camouflaged really good to me...looking at the hood, it looks like there might actually be a bulge built into the hood cover to further disguise whatever is underneath. Personally I'll just wait until the real photos are released by Ford, for all of their vehicles, before passing much judgement on how they look.

I no longer put much creedance in spy photos and especially not concept vehicles, since they are not the real deal for which I can readily purchase one.

Edited by Hybrider