Hi, I dont know if my steering wheel on my SE is standard before this model year so posting this here.

My steering wheel is like a dense foam and has a good feel, but i noticed about a year ago one divot in the underside towards the floor or 6 o'clock position.

This month i noticed that i have more than one divot, it is spreading to about four total places on the underside! It is not a growth from the original divot.

It appears that the wheel is rotting on the underside in multiple places!

Anyone else have this?

Would this be a warranty item?

Thanks

I believe this is a first time subject matter here on this Forum, sure sounds like a warranty item to me.

You can send a PM to Kim, Rebecca or Meagan, our Ford Rep's, to give you a hand with getting this serviced.

Edited by GrySql

Is the "divot" an actual sunken spot in the steering wheel or is it a spot that feels softer that the surrounding area? Can you post a picture taken from behind the steering wheel?

My wife wears rings that scratch up my 2010 FFH but they are little scrapes. I haven't solved that problem yet.

If you are still under the 3/36 B2B, it is covered. Sounds like the padding is breaking down. I had that happen on the 2010 Sport on a door panel, it grew a soft spot. Warranty covered it.

Is the "divot" an actual sunken spot in the steering wheel or is it a spot that feels softer that the surrounding area? Can you post a picture taken from behind the steering wheel?

They are like holes in the wheel grip, it appears to be densley packed foam grip, not the leather wheel cover. They are in close proximity but NOT connected.

I did suspect maybe i caused the first one with maybe my key catching on it; but now I know it is something else as it is in multiple places.