Sign in to follow this  
Deb Von Cannon

New to the group!

We are 2014 FFH owners and love the car minus the battery saver lights coming up. Yesterday, I unlocked the car from a few feet away with the fob and all 4 windows went down at the same time, same speed. Glad it wasn't pouring out. We are interested in learning what is going on with this and how other owners are dealing. We've been very pleased with the car but just made 1 year on it and it's looking like a tradein before we are out of warranty and stuck with problems known to Ford. ugh. We really liked this car.

Welcome to the forum.

The battery saver or BS message is an annoyance no question. You will find a few threads on this topic. Have you had your dealer check the 12V Battery?

That all four windows went down is not a problem it's a feature a really cool one if you ask me.

It's called global open / close feature and is triggered when you hold down the respective button on the remote. Very helpful in the summer to let out that first burst of hot air.

It can be stopped by pressing to opposite button again you will find the topic discussed here as well as in the owners manual.

Edited by corncobs

We are 2014 FFH owners and love the car minus the battery saver lights coming up.

Unfortunately this is fairly common......mostly because the dealers don't take care of the 12 V battery while the cars sit on their lots.

If the battery warning is easy to duplicate, take it in for warranty service; they should give you a new battery.

If it is NOT easy to duplicate, try to take a picture of the screen when it does appear and then take it to the dealer and INSIST, politely of course, that they put in a new battery under warranty.

The experience of others is (which you can find here with a little searching):

If you don't insist on a battery change, the dealer is likely to screw around telling you there is nothing wrong on multiple visits until the battery fails to boot up the car someday and then the problem will be obvious to their "technicians".

I am pretty sure that in EVERY case of a Battery Saver message reported by owners on here that the actual battery was the culprit and changing it fixed the problem.

Edited by GrySql

Hi, Deb, welcome to the Forum! I learn something new pretty much every day around here and today is no exception. Thanks to you (and corncobs - who is a really great resource by the way) I learned about the global open/close function for the windows. I had no idea. Living here in Vegas though, that COULD be a really handy thing in the summer as it gets REALLY HOT inside a car if it's parked outside for any length of time during that season. Anyway, welcome and enjoy your time here. There is LOTS of information and plenty of friendly, helpful people!

Down here in Texas, i use the global window open often to cool out my car before getting in!

Did not know about the battery warning, will be on the lookout now! This forum is a great information source :)

We are 2014 FFH owners and love the car minus the battery saver lights coming up. Yesterday, I unlocked the car from a few feet away with the fob and all 4 windows went down at the same time, same speed. Glad it wasn't pouring out. We are interested in learning what is going on with this and how other owners are dealing. We've been very pleased with the car but just made 1 year on it and it's looking like a tradein before we are out of warranty and stuck with problems known to Ford. ugh. We really liked this car.

Welcome to the forum! Have you spoken with your dealer about the battery saver light? Please let me know, along with your mileage, and I'll look into some options.

Meagan

Wait, I didn't know this was possible on the FFH! Is it an option you have to spec?

I have an SE with a regular key - just lock/unlock/alarm/trunk buttons. Does my car have the ability to lower the windows remotely as well?

Wait, I didn't know this was possible on the FFH! Is it an option you have to spec?

I have an SE with a regular key - just lock/unlock/alarm/trunk buttons. Does my car have the ability to lower the windows remotely as well?

It's easy enough to find out.

Push and hold the unlock button and see if all of the windows go down. If they do, push and hold the lock button to put them back up.

Look in your Owner's Manual for "Global Opening And Closing".

Edited by murphy

It's easy enough to find out.

Push and hold the unlock button and see if all of the windows go down. If they do, push and hold the lock button to put them back up.

Look in your Owner's Manual for "Global Opening And Closing".

Dang, I feel stupid. I'll try it out later and see. Thanks a lot.

Edit: Yes I do have that capability!

Edited by machoman1337

Dang, I feel stupid. I'll try it out later and see. Thanks a lot.

Don't feel stupid. I owned mine for several months before I learned (from this forum) that there is a trunk release button on the lower dashboard panel.

HI We purchased our Fusion Last year and we were getting in the high 40's for mileage. This past winter saw it drop to 38 and it has not moved from that amount since spring and summer have come along. Will first try the reset and then if no improvement I will look for a software upgrade.

HI We purchased our Fusion Last year and we were getting in the high 40's for mileage. This past winter saw it drop to 38 and it has not moved from that amount since spring and summer have come along. Will first try the reset and then if no improvement I will look for a software upgrade.

So, every tank since then has been around 38 MPG? Or is it just that the Avg MPG seems stuck there?