Sign in to follow this  
thrasher086

New to Site

Just wanted to say hello as I just signed up a few days ago here and already learned some new things and future projects to do when the weather gets warmer. I live in NY on Long Island and purchased my car in September at Levittown Ford. I have a Darkside Titanium Hybrid Fusion which the color keeps growing on me more and more. It's amazing how in different light that it could look like a different color. I came from a 2009 Civic EX-L so there is a big difference in how it rides, especially noise.

post-13799-0-37194200-1422208202_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the Forum!

Sounds like you are getting used to the FFH and it's nice qualities.

Hey, thrasher. Welcome aboard. Congrats on the car! I like that color too, but I like Ruby Red even more, sorry! :) Anyway, you will find lots of friendly and helpful people here, you will learn a lot about your car if you visit the right topics, and you'll get a lot of help when you have a problem, even from some of the Ford folks. So, again, welcome and enjoy your time here! Oh, yeah, don't be afraid to post, though I see you already have. Have fun!

Just wanted to say hello as I just signed up a few days ago here and already learned some new things and future projects to do when the weather gets warmer. I live in NY on Long Island and purchased my car in September at Levittown Ford. I have a Darkside Titanium Hybrid Fusion which the color keeps growing on me more and more. It's amazing how in different light that it could look like a different color. I came from a 2009 Civic EX-L so there is a big difference in how it rides, especially noise.

Darkside is a very cool color!

What did you think of Levittown Ford? Our Focus Electric originally came from there.

Welcome to the forum!

Besides looking forward to spring projects you can also look forward to some pretty nice MPG #. Right now they are probably a bit underwhelming, aren't they?

Congrats and enjoy your new ride.

Edit: autocomplete played a joke on me.

Edited by corncobs

Hey, thrasher. Welcome aboard. Congrats on the car! I like that color too, but I like Ruby Red even more, sorry! :) Anyway, you will find lots of friendly and helpful people here, you will learn a lot about your car if you visit the right topics, and you'll get a lot of help when you have a problem, even from some of the Ford folks. So, again, welcome and enjoy your time here! Oh, yeah, don't be afraid to post, though I see you already have. Have fun!

There were no Ruby Red's on the lot but I am more of a dark color fan. I do enjoy seeing them on the road though.

Darkside is a very cool color!

What did you think of Levittown Ford? Our Focus Electric originally came from there.

Levittown Ford was better than the others but nowhere close to perfect. The salesman tried to play some financing tricks and then said I agreed to them when the paperwork came out and ran off. Wasted a good 30 minutes re-printing everything just so he could try to make an easy buck if I just signed. I do see their name pop up on these forums a lot which I am guessing they do something right.

Welcome to the forum!

Besides looking forward to spring projects you can also look forward to some pretty nice MPG #. Right now they are probably a bit underwhelming, aren't they?

Congrats and enjoy your new ride.

Edit: autocomplete played a joke on me.

I got the car in September so I did get to see some decent MPG before the winter kicked in. Right now I am around 40 MPG give or take which I am happy with. I do want to reach that 600 MPG club sometime which I will attempt in the summer and baby the car for a couple weeks.

Has anyone seen Tourmaline Metallic? It is a greenish, blueish,blackish color. I rank it right up there with Darkside in the top colors category. The F350 I had was that color, only 1 year had it, 1999. I thought it was Teal, until I got a set of Teal running boards, and found, it wasn't Teal, but much nicer looking instead. Still used the running boards since there was a prairie tan separation between them and the main body color.

Has anyone seen Tourmaline Metallic? It is a greenish, blueish,blackish color. I rank it right up there with Darkside in the top colors category. The F350 I had was that color, only 1 year had it, 1999. I thought it was Teal, until I got a set of Teal running boards, and found, it wasn't Teal, but much nicer looking instead. Still used the running boards since there was a prairie tan separation between them and the main body color.

Never seen it before but the way you describe it is the same way I have to describe darkside to people. Sounds like it was less black though.

Yes Darkside is more black than Tourmaline. Same concept though, different colors under different light and different angles.

The color that had the most dramatic color changes at different angles was the "Mystichrome" color which Ford put on some of the 2004 Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars.

http://wot.motortrend.com/color-shift-ford-mustang-color-popularity-over-the-decades-418865.html

Welcome to the forum! I miss Long Island.

I'll be around if you have any questions. :D

Meagan

The color that had the most dramatic color changes at different angles was the "Mystichrome" color which Ford put on some of the 2004 Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury cars.

http://wot.motortrend.com/color-shift-ford-mustang-color-popularity-over-the-decades-418865.html

AKA Flip FLop. Was also very hard to repair as it was only available from Ford and only if the VIN was listed as having that color. You can get aftermarket Flip Flop additive to mix with paints, but if you dont apply it just right, it looks like crap.

I saw this color and thought it was gorgeous. Didn't work out at my dealership for providing all I wanted and I was not planning on ordering a specific car, but it's worth a peek if you are looking for a more unique color.

I saw this color and thought it was gorgeous. Didn't work out at my dealership for providing all I wanted and I was not planning on ordering a specific car, but it's worth a peek if you are looking for a more unique color.

Did they bring the color back for 2016? I was under the impression that each MY has a special color or two and 2014's were the only ones with Darkside as an option.

Hi to everyone, I am the proud owner of a brand new 2014 Ford Fusion SE Hybrid. I will post pictures later, but it is charcoal gray with black cloth interior. I was searching for a Fusion hybrid for several days, and I found this offer today but far from my home city of Bayamon, Puerto Rico. The car is still at the dealer (Caguas Expressway) getting the license plate and permits but I will pick it up Monday Sept 28th.

I am a retired Electrical Engineer, so I will ask many questions and do my own investigation on the hybrid system. Maybe I can upgarde the battery pack in the future to hold more capacity and travel further on electric power, getting closer to the Energi, which is not sold here in Puerto Rico. This may be my last gas powered vehicle, as I keep them for many years (between 16 and 26 years) and my next will be a pure electric vehicle with no gas engine.

As an update, here is my VIN (except for the last five numbers):

3FA6P0LU1ER1XXXXX

Last night I discovered that the side mirrors project light toward the floor near the doors (approach lamps), and that my vehicle has the door keypad on the "B" column (I also found the code card). Seems that my new dealer (Caguas Expressway) and their salespersons don't know all the Fusion features.

Edited by Raymondjram

It's almost impossible to modify these cars as you indicate. They are controlled by proprietary software that Ford does not reveal. The best philosophy is NOT to encourage EV operation except at low speed. These are not electric cars.

Another EE

It's almost impossible to modify these cars as you indicate. They are controlled by proprietary software that Ford does not reveal. The best philosophy is NOT to encourage EV operation except at low speed. These are not electric cars.

Another EE

I am new to this vehicle, so I have a long learning time (at least until it is fully paid for). I know it can be slightly modified for improvements, and I know that it will never become an "EnergI". So I will take care of it as I learn.

Keep in mind that your Ford warranty has clauses warning that modifications can void the warranty.

Keep in mind that your Ford warranty has clauses warning that modifications can void the warranty.

I ran across this flow chart that shows how Modifications affect the Warranty.

This chart is for a gas engine but this same logic can be applied to any other component.

post-11309-0-40613000-1443478663_thumb.png

We don't know of any modifications on this site that can make "slight" improvements to these cars. Their operating system software is not open or available. They are the best compromises that Ford can devise. They don't want you tinkering with ANYTHING lest it make something else worse. Ford tinkered with the max EV speed a while back in an effort to improve the mpg and in some people's opinion made it worse. What can improve things greatly is the way you drive. Defensive driving yields large rewards in economy. About the only thing that improves mileage is running higher tire pressures and that works in any car. There are no performance add-ons or tweaks or chips that improve the car. Even if you were a super computer expert or hacker, you do not have access to Ford's operating system code. It is very large.

It is what it is.

I ran across this flow chart that shows how Modifications affect the Warranty.

This chart is for a gas engine but this same logic can be applied to any other component.

Interesting find, GrySql. Thanks for posting. I suspect some of the modifications we have seen in various threads on this forum could easily take you down that path to "repair not warrantable".