I don't have access to my manual right now and was hoping I could get a quick answer. I have a 2014 FHH and am loving it. I think I remember reading that I don't have to have an oil change until 10,000 miles. Am I remembering correctly? Thanks for any info.

I don't have access to my manual right now and was hoping I could get a quick answer. I have a 2014 FHH and am loving it. I think I remember reading that I don't have to have an oil change until 10,000 miles. Am I remembering correctly? Thanks for any info.

10,000 miles or 1 year, whichever comes first.

Doesn't the car tell you wen you need to change the oil (might be sooner than the 10,000 miles or 1 year max)?

Doesn't the car tell you wen you need to change the oil (might be sooner than the 10,000 miles or 1 year max)?

Yes, all that information above is correct, but also know that you have an Intelligent Oil Life Monitor (IOLM) in your car which "watches" how you drive and if need be, the system will pop up a message that says "Change Engine Oil Soon" when you have 10% oil life or less remaining, and then "Oil Change Required" when you reach 0% oil life remaining. If you see the "Change Engine Oil Soon" message, you should change the oil. Don't wait for the "Oil Change Required" message.

My oil approached 0% at about 10,000 miles in my 2014. My first change was compliments of the dealer. First time I haven't changed the oil myself in 15 years. Was kinda nice to stay clean, but I think I may give it a go myself next time.

I changed mine just under 10,000 because I was going on a long trip. I didn't get dirty, this is one of the easiest vehicles I have owned to change oil.

Biggest pain is removing/reinstalling the underbelly pan, an octopus would find it easy, but as a one-person event, its challenging.