Sign in to follow this  
TonyHzNV

What do YOU use for Navigation?

For road trips I use my Garmin with lifetime map updates. It has a Lane Assist function that I absolutely love especially when driving through large metro areas that I am unfamiliar with. Don't know if any phone apps have the equivalent of Lane Assist.

We also use Google Maps and Waze on the phone. They are handy and I like them but I would not give up the Garmin. The phone nav apps are frequently used for short trips in town because of the convenience.

TonyHxNV, good idea for a thread topic. Bound to learn something helpful here.

The majority of the time the position of the Exit # sign shows what side of the road the exit will be on. If the exit # sign is on the right of its main sign, then the exit will be on the right. The same thing is true if it is on the left side.

I primarily use MFT navigation, but after the free Sirius traffic went away, I augment with Google Maps for traffic info.

... Post here what YOU use for in-car navigation whether it's MFT-Nav, Google Maps, stand-alone GPS (Tom Tom, Garmin, etc), other smartphone app.....you get the idea.

Well how RUDE! What, those of us with MLT-Nav don't get to participate? I am calling my attorney! ;)

Big companies don't REALLY know about good customer service; none of them.

My opinion is it's because the automakers are following an outdated or flawed business model. I think the next generation of interfaces with more smartphone and app integration will offer better user experiences, in terms of updates/upgrades and the ability to add new features. However, this will require the automakers to give up some perceived advantages to Google/Apple, i.e. profits on updates and upgrades, and data about users.