IraF

Navigation Map A6

In May of 2014 i purchased from eBay the A5 SD Card for about $50.00 and i hate to be the bearer of Bad news but there is an update to A6 for $149.00 from
http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-FordNorthAmerica-Site/en_US/-/USD/View-Promo?Page=FordLanding&ProgramUUID=lB8KCghBNlIAAAExq39mELol&utm_campaign=Navteq-AFF&utm_medium=aff&utm_source=fordlogo&ManufacturerName=Ford&subid=FORD

I have checked eBay and this is not available yet, i suggest wait for a while to see if this appears on ebay

post-11741-0-65902600-1421939256_thumb.jpg

Edited by IraF

Was unaware of the A6 update about a month ago, however as i indicated in May of 2014 i purchased the A5 authentic update for ~$50.00 on eBay and i will keep watching eBay for the A6 update at a much lower cost.

See this which i started in May 2014 http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/8668-navigation-map-a5/

Edited by IraF

Yes, I read that entire thread last month right after joining the forum and I also picked up an A5 card on eBay for $55.00, so thank you for posting that information.I purchased my 14 FFH on July 3, 2014 and it came with an A4 card. According to the Ford IVT people, they didn't start putting the A5 in new cars until October when they were supposedly released on navigation.com. It's hard to understand how or why they would release a new version only 3 months after the prior one, especially when they want $149.00 for the update, and, HOW did they get onto eBay in the Spring of '14?. Unbelievable! Have a good one!

Edited by TonyHzNV

While the ebay cards may be "legitimate" cards, I'm not convinced they were procured "legitimately".

But some people obviously feel ebay crooks are more worthy of their money than Ford Corporate crooks

While the ebay cards may be "legitimate" cards, I'm not convinced they were procured "legitimately".

But some people obviously feel ebay crooks are more worthy of their money than Ford Corporate crooks

Well, Waldo, there you are! I guess maybe you don't remember that you said this: "There's something about a big imposing helicopter superimposed with the text "Do Not Disturb" that somehow makes me feel like I don't want to mess with you..." :)

Yes, this was reported about a month ago in the Nav Map Updates thread here: http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/9482-nav-map-updates/page-2?do=findComment&comment=91084

Check out what Ford IVT had to say about it which is currently the last post in the thread.

The link in that last post doesn't seem to be a link anymore.

A lot of stuff on Ebay is "clearance" merchandise. People make bulk purchases of last years or discontinued models and resell them......all quite legitimate.

Although I can't prove it, I still strongly suspect that either Ford or the nav. company "dumps" their remaining stock before they become worthless when the new issue is released.

I too bought an A5 a few weeks before A6 was announced......and it REALLY pisses me off.

There's no need for anyone to dump stock of Nav cards, the number sold as updates in an entire year is probably the same as the number installed in new vehicles in the factory in a day. They could easily just take that stock and build for one more day with A5 cards and use them all up.

My suspicion is that the ones you see on ebay are obtained by "insiders" either with the nav company, Ford service or at any of the plants and distributed out accordingly. Of course I have no proof, just my speculation.

dang I just bought 2 A5's on Ebay this week for $50 each. Oh well, rather give my money to a random person on Ebay then Ford at this point.

Yes, this was reported about a month ago in the Nav Map Updates thread here: http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/topic/9482-nav-map-updates/page-2?do=findComment&comment=91084

Check out what Ford IVT had to say about it which is currently the last post in the thread.

The link in that last post doesn't seem to be a link anymore.

A lot of stuff on Ebay is "clearance" merchandise. People make bulk purchases of last years or discontinued models and resell them......all quite legitimate.

Although I can't prove it, I still strongly suspect that either Ford or the nav. company "dumps" their remaining stock before they become worthless when the new issue is released.

I too bought an A5 a few weeks before A6 was announced......and it REALLY pisses me off.

That link still works just fine for me.....and if you follow it, you will see that we had a whole discussion of the A6 card last month. One post above the one I just pointed you to will be Ford IVT telling nvrick that the A5 cards weren't installed in new cars until October (14). If the link still doesn't work for you, you can go to post #32 on page 2 of the Nav Map Updates thread under Audio, MyFord, Navigation & Sync in the Fusion Hybrid Modifications & Technical Forum.

Edited by TonyHzNV

My suspicion is that the ones you see on ebay are obtained by "insiders" either with the nav company, Ford service or at any of the plants and distributed out accordingly. Of course I have no proof, just my speculation.

Weird thing is, last year, the A5 card was available from Ford dealers (at a discount even) in May as evidenced by GrySql's price quote from Levittown Ford in the BOF Ford Fusion Forum found here: http://www.fordfusionforum.com/topic/8415-employee-pricing-on-all-parts-accessories/?p=76493. If I recall correctly, he was quoted a price of $119.00. Why would Ford ford sell these cards through their parts departments 5 or 6 months ahead of release by navigation.com? That just doesn't make any sense and somebody's data isn't right. That said, I've tried fordparts.com in the last couple days and come up with nothing. Since the part number of the A4 card (for Canada/US) was DM5Z-19H449-AA and the part number for the A5 card is EM5Z-19H449-AA, I am going to assume that the A6 card is FM5Z-19H449-AA since they seem to be just changing the first letter of the part number with each new update. Anyone have any info on this? Maybe someone who has actually purchase an update from navigation.com can confirm?

Update: I think I just answered my own question. I searched eBay for: FM5Z-19H449-AA as I guessed and I got 1 hit for $144.09 with FREE shipping and 4 available here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-OEM-CARD-MEMORY-FM5Z-19H449-AA-/321641067288?hash=item4ae34d3318&vxp=mtr

I sent the seller a message asking if this is the A6 Nav update since they didn't put that in the description anywhere. We'll see what they say, but it makes sense that it is.

I also searched Levittown Ford and Fordparts.com, but got no hits at either one. But, they are starting to show up on eBay! Keep your eyes open.

Update: I received an email from the eBay seller confirming that it's the A6 Nav card.

Edited by TonyHzNV

If you think that $149 is way too much for a A6 SD card, check out this price

http://www.lombardfordaccessories.com/ford/escape/product.cfm?productID=60839717&partNumber=FM5T-19H449-AA

Search FM5T-19H449-AA also

Edited by IraF

If you think that $149 is way too much for a A6 SD card, check out this price

http://www.lombardfordaccessories.com/ford/escape/product.cfm?productID=60839717&partNumber=FM5T-19H449-AA

Search FM5T-19H449-AA also

It's a good thing you don't have to pay the regular price of $18,655.57. It's a steal at $13,181.78!!! You save $5473.79!

Looks like someone photoshopped the A6 on that photo. you can tell very easily by how clean the area around the A6 # is.

Of course I have no proof, just my speculation.

Of course. And your speculation has no more validity than mine does.

How soon the A6 version becomes available on the "gray market" might be a good clue.

IF.....upgrade orders are really filled by the Nav company from their stock instead of by Ford from theirs, then your speculation looses a few points.

That link still works just fine for me....

Not that link, the one in the last post that says: "go HERE".....which I assume at one time actually was a link. It isn't any more.

Looks like someone photoshopped the A6 on that photo. you can tell very easily by how clean the area around the A6 # is.

I called Lombardo Ford this morning about the A6 card and they got a good laugh themselves over the price that was shown, but they corrected it and confirmed that it IS the official A6 card and the right price is $131.82. The web page has been updated. :) See here: http://www.lombardfordaccessories.com/ford/escape/product.cfm?productID=60839717&partNumber=FM5T-19H449-AA

Edited by TonyHzNV

I called Lombardo Ford this morning about the A6 card and they got a good laugh themselves over the price that was shown, but they corrected it and confirmed that it IS the official A6 card and the right price is $131.82. The web page has been updated. :) See here: http://www.lombardfordaccessories.com/ford/escape/product.cfm?productID=60839717&partNumber=FM5T-19H449-AA

The list of vehicles under the Compatibility tab seems a bit sparse. :detective:

Edited by SteveB_TX

The list of vehicles under the Compatibility tab seems a bit sparse. :detective:

That may be, but we all know that all the newer vehicles with MFT use the same SD card or at least, I'm about 99% sure they do.....

BTW: I tried FordParts.com again today and still got nothing, so I opened a live chat with them. Below is a PDF transcipt of the chat session - don't worry, it's NOT long. I also called Levittown Ford in NY a bit ago and I was told that yes, they have them in stock for $149.90, so no break there. If anyone finds one at a reasonable price at their local dealer, how about posting the dealer name and price in this thread. Who knows, maybe we can find a much more reasonable price than navigation.com!

FordParts A6 Card Chat.pdf

Edited by TonyHzNV

If anyone finds one at a reasonable price at their local dealer

I've bought a lot of Ford parts from your hometown, Gaudin Ford in LV. They beat Levittown and Lombard prices most of the time and shipping to me is always cheaper.

This A6 doesn't show on their website though.

http://www.silverstatefordparts.com/

Edited by GrySql

I've bought a lot of Ford parts from your hometown, Gaudin Ford in LV. They beat Levittown and Lombard prices most of the time and shipping to me is always cheaper.

This A6 doesn't show on their website though.

http://www.silverstatefordparts.com/

Good one, GrySql! I called Gaudin because like you said, it doesn't come up on a parts search. Anyway, the lady (Crystal) told me that they have 3 in stock at a price of $122.93+shipping. She also said that the correct part # is FM5Z-19H449-G. I found one under that number on eBay from Camelback Ford-Lincoln in Phoenix, but it's $154.91. Anyway, at least now, I'm confident that we have a valid part number. The FM5T-19H449-AA is the engineering reference number. Thanks for the link!

Update: I checked every Ford/Lincoln dealer in Vegas and found this out: Team Ford-Lincoln - no stock, comes up as bad part number in computer, have A5 card in stock. Friendly Ford - None in stock yet, but found the number. Ford Country - in stock at $155.00 each and confirmed the part number in red above. Findlay Lincoln - not in stock, special order, no pricing. That's pretty much it for Vegas!

Edited by TonyHzNV

I called Gaudin because like you said, it doesn't come up on a parts search. Anyway, the lady (Crystal) told me that they have 3 in stock at a price of $122.93+shipping. She also said that the correct part # is FM5Z-19H449-G. I found one under that number on eBay from Camelback Ford-Lincoln in Phoenix, but it's $154.91. Anyway, at least now, I'm confident that we have a valid part number. The FM5T-19H449-AA is the engineering reference number. Thanks for the link!

Good sleuthing!

The way this is panning out I think I'll wait for the A7, which will probably be out in June... ;)

The way this is panning out I think I'll wait for the A7, which will probably be out in June... ;)

That just doesn't compute, GS. A5 cam out October, A6 - January, A7 should pop up in April! :happy feet: Maybe they're going for QUARTERLY updates like Tom Tom and Garmin! Hmmm, I wonder if all the dealers will have the A6 part number in their computers by then?!!! :)

Edited by TonyHzNV

That just doesn't compute, GS. A5 cam out October, A6 - January, A7 should pop up in April! :happy feet: Maybe they're going for QUARTERLY updates like Tom Tom and Garmin! Hmmm, I wonder if all the dealers will have the A6 part number in their computers by then?!!! :)

Expensive quarterly updates and we don't even know how accurate / up to date they are.

With the many times that all my data has been wiped out on my MFT (like removing the dashboard for the HVAC repair, etc ) I only use the MFT Nav as backup if my Garmin fails.

No more card updates for me thank you.