Sign in to follow this  
Griswald

MFT Reboots...may have found the reason

What I want to see on my dashboard is the CURRENT trips fuel useage. Miles driven for that trip would be nice also. I don't want to push any buttons, I dont want to have to do mental calculations, I only want to see what the miles per gallon is since I turned on the key and started to move.

I see what you mean now.

While on the Empower display, I push the reset button at the beginning of each trip which does not affect the Trip 1 or Trip 2 displays. That will then give you your current MPG but it does not give you the number of miles or gallons used and it does require that you remember to reset it. Note that on the 2015s nothing anywhere tells you the number of gallons used (at least not that I have found).

Its interesting to hear the different ideas that we would like to have on the displays. Many different ideas and wants. Also illustrates how challenging it would be for Ford to satisfy everyone. The only way to do that would be to make the displays infinitely configurable and that would introduce extreme complexity. Some would love it others would be completely befuddled and hate it.

Edited by Texasota

The Scangauge does that for MPG, and never had a reboot issue, when it was connected to the BD, but never used it in the current car so can't comment on if it causes a reboot. With what GS posted, check battery voltage when it happens and see if its within specs.