ByebyeWrangler82

Ford Sync glitch (sure it's nothing new) '13 FFH

I was driving home from about an hour away and the Ford Sync was doing great the ride duration until then. Before it has gone from radio to nothing on and no windows on my right side, door locks in front intermittent and climate control as well. The radio would stop like i pushed the off switch, then the air would go right behind it. Did a master reset when it was on for about 5 minutes. Worked for about 10 minutes after that then continued to flicker. Climate control cluster lights would dim then brighten and go black. Turn back on and repeat process. My iPhone 5s was commected...ran vehicle health report x2 nothing popped up from it. I'm thinking theres a loose connection somewhere? On the 10 min ride en route to my place, it would only kick in when EV mode was running and engine was off. Any other suggestions?

I was driving home from about an hour away and the Ford Sync was doing great the ride duration until then. Before it has gone from radio to nothing on and no windows on my right side, door locks in front intermittent and climate control as well. The radio would stop like i pushed the off switch, then the air would go right behind it. Did a master reset when it was on for about 5 minutes. Worked for about 10 minutes after that then continued to flicker. Climate control cluster lights would dim then brighten and go black. Turn back on and repeat process. My iPhone 5s was commected...ran vehicle health report x2 nothing popped up from it. I'm thinking theres a loose connection somewhere? On the 10 min ride en route to my place, it would only kick in when EV mode was running and engine was off. Any other suggestions?

Hey ByebyeWrangler82,

Since you've already attempted the master reset and your system is still acting up, I suggest scheduling an appointment with your Ford dealership for further diagnosis: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/LocateADealerThey'll take good care of you!

Kim

My next question: The dealership that is nearest to me doesn't come up on the "certified electric vehicle repair" should I not take it to them again and go a little further down the interstate or will the local one suffice?

Any other suggestions?

It sounds to me like your BCM is going haywire.

(I could swear that I replied to this already. Is it posted in more than one thread.??)

My next question: The dealership that is nearest to me doesn't come up on the "certified electric vehicle repair" should I not take it to them again and go a little further down the interstate or will the local one suffice?

Using a Dealership that is 'certified' is your best chance to get the issue corrected properly.

Easy Rider, the BCM, I found a post on the regular Ford Fusion Forum, a member had in 2013 kind of the same issue...not to the "T" though. Talked about doing a reset of the BCM, I think I'm going to let the pro's handle this one,

Edited by ByebyeWrangler82

Electric certified means they sell & repair the Energi models and the Focus Electric. All dealers sell the hybrids. An electric certified dealer should have one or more technicians who has received more extensive training in the operation of the electrified power trains. It's really up to you.

Looks like it should be diagnosable by the dealer if it acts up every time you take your foot off the brakes like your video says. Use FordService to get help at the dealer.

Along with many other items, there is a part called the Brake Pedal Travel Sensor that can be improperly installed or loose that can cause all sorts of other problems.

Just a wild guess...

1st time.

1st time continued in town.

2nd time

2nd time cont..

2nd time cont...city driving.

I received your PM. I just responded. :)

Kim

Just dropped it off at the dealership service dept. We'll see what they have to say. Told the Service rep to have the tech take it on a very long drive to duplicate.

So I just picked up Christine from the dealership, they found a wire making contact to ground. I though "cool it's fixed".....driving to work the radio was working 5.0, but strangely the air turned on automatically...radio still working. I shut off the car for about a hour during military PT session. Started it up, instant glitch on the screen with a date of 1/1/2000 and no air. The screen went from black to Ford sync screen then to black again. Drove it straight back to the dealership service department. Bull-crap.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for keeping us up to date. They might have to re-program a few modules.

Update** The dealership service department called Monday to inform me that they were able to duplicate the discrepancy and are working with Ford Tech Rep to diagnose the issue. Driving the Jeep with 16mpg is getting old and it seems that I never see a Fusion unless I'm driving the Jeep LOL. Thanks for the guidance and support y'all have dealt to me. :worship:

Update** The dealership service department called Monday to inform me that they were able to duplicate the discrepancy and are working with Ford Tech Rep to diagnose the issue. Driving the Jeep with 16mpg is getting old and it seems that I never see a Fusion unless I'm driving the Jeep LOL. Thanks for the guidance and support y'all have dealt to me. :worship:

Did they provide you with a loaner?

No loaner. It's fixed! 60 mile round trip to replicate when it happened. Works like new! The dealership worked with ford tech support engineers, found a wire bundle a basically spliced from a wire to bridge into the same wire at another location. I don't know the exact specifics...

Hey yall guess what?! Problem came back 3 days later. Now I have something to work with. If I mash the brakes to the floor then I get radio and air. As soon as I release about 5 secs it goes black/blank

Get our Ford Rep involved, PM Meagan so she can help!

Thanks for the shout out! I'm already working with ByebyeWrangler82, but for future reference, all SYNC, MyFordTouch, Bluetooth, phone, navigation, ect. falls under our In-Vehicle Technology team, Kim and Rebecca. For example: a cracked screen would be me, but glitches would be them; think of me as hardware, and them as software. :D

Meagan

think of me as hardware, and them as software. :D

Meagan

I was thinking of the brakes (hardware) making the radio work (software), a team effort.

Besides, when I think of you I think of cookies...

classic-ford-cookies-2.gif